• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Orion Mags work with Studmag loader?

Emailed Studmag to ask if the DTM loaders would work with the Orion M3 Impact magazines. I was told that the DTM speed loader would only work with original FX mags. Orion informed me that hie had this in mind when he made his mags and they should be the same as the FX mags. Can anyone confirm or deny that the DTM loaders will work with Orion's magazines?

Thanks, Bob

I cannot speak for Orion's mags/stud loader.

I have 38 and 34 shot .177 magazines (both from FX). The STud loader was made for the original 38 shot magazine and works great with that. I use it on the 34 and with some wiggling, it works fine and I end up with 4 pellets on my shooting table. I think if your using the Orion Insert with the original FX housing, it will most likely work.

However, if I try to use the Stud loader on my 38 pellet Eagle Vision magazine, it does not work as well and is not worth using the Stud loader.

This is just my observations.

Good luck!

Erlis makes great mags. I have them in .22, .25 and .30 calibers for my M3's.

Doug from Stud Mag Loader makes great speed loaders (I have those in all 3 calibers also) and the excellent DTM Loader..

The Orion Mags work GREAT with the Stud Mag Loader speed loaders. The DTM Loader works GREAT with the FX factory mags. 

However, sbb888 is correct. Erlis' mags will NOT work with the Stud Mag Loader DTM. The ears for the magnets that Erlis uses to keep the mag covers on will not allow this mags to fit correctly in the bottom of the DTM Loader.

Factory FX Mag

IMG_11621.1648950278.JPG

Erlis' Orion Mag.

IMG_11631.1648950327.JPG

I hope this helps answer your question. All great products, just limitations in how you use them together. 

When I designed the magazine I took into account the shape of the original magazine and I thought about speed loaders as I mentioned on my email but I was thinking on the FieldPro and Elis loaders. I haven't seen/use the stud loaders at the time I designed the magazine. Now that I see the picture I see is not going to work with that, because the loaders goes around the the magazine, not like the others that goes on top.

But this is good to know because until this point no one really tried those on the stud loaders, no I know it's not going to work.

This is my magazine with the speed loaders from Elis

IMG_20220403_095008.1648994020.jpg

IMG_20220403_095000.1648994007.jpg

sbb888, 

The regular Stud Mag Loader Speed Loader work GREAT with the Orion Mags. Here is a sequence of pics showing the loading process. I hope this helps.

Pour pellets into Stud Mag Loader "Stud Feeder"

IMG_11641.1649026883.JPG

Next put the top of the "Stud Mag Loader" on the "Stud Feeder" 

IMG_11651.1649027051.JPG

Then flip over "Stud Feeder"/"Stud Loader" 

IMG_11661.1649027202.JPG

Then put the Orion Mag on the "Stud Mag Loader" and flip over. 

IMG_11681.1649027609.JPG

IMG_11711.1649027652.JPG

The Orion mags are now loaded in FAR less time than it would take to load by hand!! Especially the .22

IMG_11721.1649027772.JPG

The two work GREAT together!!!!!

I hope this helps.

Reactions: RAMJET66
sbb888,

The regular Stud Mag Loader Speed Loader work GREAT with the Orion Mags. Here is a sequence of pics showing the loading process. I hope this helps.

Pour pellets into Stud Mag Loader "Stud Feeder"

View attachment 206821

Next put the top of the "Stud Mag Loader" on the "Stud Feeder"

View attachment 206830

Then flip over "Stud Feeder"/"Stud Loader"

View attachment 206842

Then put the Orion Mag on the "Stud Mag Loader" and flip over.

View attachment 206852

View attachment 206862

The Orion mags are now loaded in FAR less time than it would take to load by hand!! Especially the .22

View attachment 206882

The two work GREAT together!!!!!

I hope this helps.
great to know , thanks