• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Orion Magazines

I recently bought a used Maverick in .30 and wanted to shoot both .25 and .22 from it as well so I got barrels etc. but was still in the need for magazines. I looked at FX and if my original is any indication of what I dont like, well, FX did pretty well in turning me off.

Looking online, I found a lot of magazines but all were the same $50 and looked like you had to turn the cover for each pellet and these ole burnt up hands just cant do that! Then I saw a video of OriOn loading his magazines for the Panthera and discovered that he is using the magnetic covers for the Maverick too!

Stupid simple to load, the mags even stack together due to the magnets inside and that is a great extra!

I loaded both of the .22 mags up today and it took some real effort to get them into the gun, some may find this disconcerting and off-putting but I sailored on and did a few cycles of inserting/extracting then from the gun until they loosened up a bit.

Tentatively, I pushed the handle forward and fed a pellet into the breach, did some plinking at 100+ yards and enjoyed the feed and the accuracy which means that the magazine wasn't damaging the pellets at all. I ended up refilling the mags again and again since they were just so darn easy to load! Of course, you have to shoot what you load and boy did I have fun!

I paid $30 each for the mags, they took a week to get to me, I will be back for more!

20230410_202255.jpg
20230410_202324.jpg
20230410_202356.jpg

Last edited:
I recently bought a used Maverick in .30 and wanted to shoot both .25 and .22 from it as well so I got barrels etc. but was still in the need for magazines. I looked at FX and if my original is any indication of what I dont like, well, FX did pretty well in turning me off.

Looking online, I found a lot of magazines but all were the same $50 and looked like you had to turn the cover for each pellet and these ole burnt up hands just cant do that! Then I saw a video of OriOn loading his magazines for the Panthera and discovered that he is using the magnetic covers for the Maverick too!

Stupid simple to load, the mags even stack together due to the magnets inside and that is a great extra!

I loaded both of the .22 mags up today and it took some real effort to get them into the gun, some may find this disconcerting and off-putting but I sailored on and did a few cycles of inserting/extracting then from the gun until they loosened up a bit.

Tentatively, I pushed the handle forward and fed a pellet into the breach, did some plinking at 100+ yards and enjoyed the feed and the accuracy which means that the magazine wasn't damaging the pellets at all. I ended up refilling the mags again and again since they were just so darn easy to load! Of s=cous=rse, you have to shoot what you load and boy did I have fun!

I paid $30 each for the mags, they took a week to get to me, I will be back for more!

View attachment 347377View attachment 347378View attachment 347379

Orion makes top shelf stuff and is an A+ plus guy. I've tried his mag for the RTI and it was 🔥

For the most part his mags do work very well, i have had good luck with 95% of them i have bought.
I did have an issue with his mag for the Delta/Alpha Wolf where they just did not work.
It is what it is, tried to save a little money versus the ridiculously over priced Daystate / BRK / Brocock, whatever they are calling themselves now days....

I'm Not hatin', just statin'... :cool: ✌️

Did Orion make it right?

Yes he did.
His CS has Always been great.
I'm glad you remember me trying to always doing the right thing, but the issues you were having might be with another people's 3d printed mags, I don't have any Daystate mag as of yet, but I want to change that soon!!

I'm glad you remember me trying to always doing the right thing, but the issues you were having might be with another people's 3d printed mags, I don't have any Daystate mag as of yet, but I want to change that soon!!
I am VERY sorry for getting you confused with CARM , i sincerely apologize.
It is hell getting old , and feeble minded.
I totally retract my wrong post and hope there are no hard feelings. ✌️
Bfloyd

I am VERY sorry for getting you confused with CARM , i sincerely apologize.
It is hell getting old , and feeble minded.
I totally retract my wrong post and hope there are no hard feelings. ✌️
Bfloyd
Hey buddy! Don't read me wrong! I was just clarifying I don't do Daystate, but I'm glad you remember me always trying to do the right thing, that's what matter the most to me. My magazines are not perfect and I've had people having issues with them, and some people just expect the same feeling they are used with the FX ones, when I explain it's not, there are design decisions that are done on purpose, because I rather have a magazine that stay on the gun over one that will move and possible fall.

All of this just to say I'm more than honored to have a post written here with the honest feedback from a real customer. Thanks for that, it really means a lot to me!

Keep shooting those magazines to see how long they last!

Last edited:
Orion, I'm glad you are reading these posts. Having a manufacturer reply here is invaluable to us end users.

Yes, your mags are not FX mags, I'm happy about that since your mags all sick together in a stack, keeping dirt out of them when hunting.

Yes, they are hard to seat and remove but I found the right place to push and they mount/dismount fine now.

Love, love, love the magnetic covers!!!

I have really strong new magnets and I'm playing with the idea of building a magnetic magazine holder.

For the Daystate rifles, it's coming but the lack of time is preventing me from moving forward with some projects
For Daystate, I'd recommend starting with the Delta/Alpha Wolf and BRK Ghost. They use the same magazines. .30 cal is popular.

Tentatively, I pushed the handle forward and fed a pellet into the breach, did some plinking at 100+ yards and enjoyed the feed and the accuracy which means that the magazine wasn't damaging the pellets at all. I ended up refilling the mags again and again since they were just so darn easy to load! Of course, you have to shoot what you load and boy did I have fun!

View attachment 347377View attachment 347378View attachment 347379

The pictures in the first post are not the same magazine as the one in the video below it. Because the case is not round like the original FX or the one in the video, my Stud mag loaders won't work☹️