• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Ordering a Maverick .22 sniper.

I've been really digging the H&N's for the Vixen as well.. Match.. Weights hardly vary at all.. Have some .25 slugs also and same with them weight and uniformity. Thanks for the tip.. Is yours the Sniper?
Yeah I have the 700mm .22 with a tungsten hammer and the k&l l tech so I can fling those bad boys at 1,010 fps. With the heavy slug liner they’re lasers.

Do a search, the .25 Mav is HORRIBLE, look at the past classifieds, filled with .25's.
I had the option for a .30 or .22 and the wife wants nothing to do with .30 so .22 it was. Besides the V3 we have is already ( out of the box) likely above and beyond for power what I would have to tune for on the Mav IMO. I know they can get it but with the AGT it was already there. So no need for another .30 and wife is happy. I would have picked up the .25 if they has it so I guess I dodged it. It's still strange the .25 has issues.. Maybe a bad batch of liners.

I had the option for a .30 or .22 and the wife wants nothing to do with .30 so .22 it was. Besides the V3 we have is already ( out of the box) likely above and beyond for power what I would have to tune for on the Mav IMO. I know they can get it but with the AGT it was already there. So no need for another .30 and wife is happy. I would have picked up the .25 if they has it so I guess I dodged it. It's still strange the .25 has issues.. Maybe a bad batch of liners.

Nope, look for .25 across the FX catalog, you will see constant distance issues with the .25 caliber. Under 75y, its great, some have found top shelf slugs to work OK but for $.15 each, that's a steep price for a decent shot.

Reactions: MACTEN
I’ve owned the 25 FX Maverick 700 mm with a slug liner shooting 34 .9 NSA just over 1000 thing was a laser anywhere from 50 yards to 180 yards easily a friend of mine shot it took it from me as soon as he shot it. I ended up getting an other 22 Maverick 600 mm barrel with slug liner got that tune it’s amazing It’s not the gun. It’s the tune, the slugs, the barrel they all gotta work together. I heard someone say that any gun can shoot properly if tune correctly. Thanks Joseph !! I own two FX M3 25 700 mm barrels shooting 34.9 slugs NSA at over an 1000 both rifles are lasers. I wouldn’t get rid of them for anything and , good luck with your decision and is important finding the right slugs and there is a lot of good people on here !!! Here’s the 22 Maverick and M3 25 results both shooting slugs

Screenshot 2023-12-03 at 10.07.16 PM.jpeg

IMG_1873.png

In .22 30 grain H&n hp ii are amazing at 970 superior heavy liner .218 diameter
I found a unopened box of NSA 28.5 218's in my ammo drawer I bought for something years ago. I'm going to try them out and see how they go but that seems to be what the heavy likes 218, At least for you? The HP is much narrower on these than the H&N's so they might now work and H&N's are very close in weight to each other. Did you ever try .217's in the heavy liner?

I’ve owned the 25 FX Maverick 700 mm with a slug liner shooting 34 .9 NSA just over 1000 thing was a laser anywhere from 50 yards to 180 yards easily a friend of mine shot it took it from me as soon as he shot it. I ended up getting an other 22 Maverick 600 mm barrel with slug liner got that tune it’s amazing It’s not the gun. It’s the tune, the slugs, the barrel they all gotta work together. I heard someone say that any gun can shoot properly if tune correctly. Thanks Joseph !! I own two FX M3 25 700 mm barrels shooting 34.9 slugs NSA at over an 1000 both rifles are lasers. I wouldn’t get rid of them for anything and , good luck with your decision and is important finding the right slugs and there is a lot of good people on here !!! Here’s the 22 Maverick and M3 25 results both shooting slugs

View attachment 412162

View attachment 412163
Agree as I remember Steve’s (AEAC) review of the mav .25 sniper showed excellent results with nsa slugs at 100 yards. Possibly the .25 is just way more finicky.

Do a search, the .25 Mav is HORRIBLE, look at the past classifieds, filled with .25's.
I saw Steve
I gotta say, three liners, 12 slugs, carbon fiber stiffener, o-rings, the .25 is awful at long range.

.30? .22? Fantastic!

.25 is garbage.
I saw Steve's video (AEAC) about the Maverick sniper in .25 and the results at 100 yards were outstanding ....

• Wow
Reactions: Firewalker