• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ordered yong heng from walmart was not yong heng

So I ordered a high preasure air compressor from walmart hearing I will get a legit yong heng. It was not a yong heng. This one is all black, came with bassicly all the same parts looks the same but it does not have the yong heng logo. 

I bought the 4 year service plan warranty on it. 

I guess my next question is do they work the same, or will I run into issues?

I have a Vevor that is a clone. It works fine.Every china compressor like these have the very same crank case. Most of the issues are minor. The biggest problem

is no instructions. I will tell you what I have learned in getting mine going. Get a 5 gal bucket from Lowes or Home depot. You must cool them for there water cooled.

The pump that comes with them can be adjusted low to high & it is on the side mine is a slide that's marked - to +. You need to add ice to the water. I use three

2L plastic soda bottles filled with water That was froze in my deep freeze. They keep the water cold & when your threw just refreeze them. When you start it

Open both air bleed valves till in runs a,while then close the valve & fill. Be sure to put compressor oil in first. Mine kept kicking off. They have a reset button &

if your kick off just push the button to reset. I broke mine in for about 30 min with the valves open before before filling. Keep a eye on the oil sight glass & if

the oil start to darken drain oil & refill to the level they say on the tag. No more no less, take your time filling to so you do not over fill that's important.Any questions

just ask. 

Fly

Does your compressor look like mine? If so then it is a Vevor and I can tell you that the second stage piston seal WILL fail and quickly. Not a big deal to replace the seal if you have spares but it has been impossible to buy more seals. Some compressors came with extras but mine didn't and thankfully a member here gave me one out of the kindness of his heart. When this seal bites the dust it is game over for me, I'll find a new compressor. I'll get either a Yong Heng (because spare parts are available) or AV Nomad.

Other than the piston seal these Vevor compressors do seem to work well. There are quite a few members on GTA that have been using them also but I'm serious we have been trying to find spare piston seals for months with no luck. Just my experience.

A picture of the crappy single piston seal:

If they had used a second stage piston like the Yong Heng with 3 rings instead of a plastic (not sure the material but feels like plastic) seal then this compressor would be as good as YH IMO. A lot of the parts are identical or at least damn similar.

Nice I guess it is a different compressor than mine and my entire rant was for no good reason haha! I would still push the issue that you want what you ordered (a yong heng). The seller may offer to refund a lot of your money just so they don't have to pay return shipping. Some people have had issues with their compressors and when they tried returning it they got their money back and were told to just keep the compressor.

When I got mine it wouldn't start so I had to tinker with it and ended up getting it to work fine. When I complained to the seller they offered to give me $100 of my money back. Since I got the compressor working I took the deal. Anyway my point is, soak them for all that you can! It's their own damn fault for not sending you what you ordered😎

I question how much better a Yong Heng is then a Vevor or a Tuxing. I,m NO expert by any means just a guy that has been messing with a Vevor

for the last week. Have I had problems yes. But just nit pick stuff. In reading everything I could find on the net, The problems I have had I have

found Yong Hengs having the same & some worst. The biggest problem is no instructions or trouble shooting info. The average guy has no clue about

these compressors. He gets one & if it starts & runs GREAT. But what if it does not as mine? I could have thrown up my hands & sent it back hoping

I could get a return or my money back. I figure I would try & figure out the problem. With out the internet I most likely would have sent it back. When

I got mine when I turned it on it just hummed. First thought it is seized up. There simple so I drained oil & removed the lower crank case cove, 4 bolts.

I got a flash light every thing was clean & looked good. I turned it over by hand. A very small bind but nothing a little break in would not fix. Put in back

together put oil back in & took the fan grill off to excess the fan.I turned the fan & hit the start button. Kinda like started a model air plane. It ran but after

about 4 min it shut off. Seemed a little hot, but not bad. I turned it over by hand & it was free. Each time it ran longer & I knew it was breaking in. I finally

filled my rifle but a 3000 psi it stopped again.I posted Questions & was told it maybe the trip switch & I orded a $8 15 amp better switch.( Fixed ) I put

the pressure testing plug in the fill line & turned it on but it would not go over 3200 psi. I posted again & was told to check for air leaks, YEP around

the gage where it screws in. It now runs GREAT! I paid $200 from E-bay. Geeeezzzzzzzzz if I would have paid over $1000 yes I would not expect

the inconvenience I went threw. But thinking about it I could buy 5 of these machines may be 6 buying in bulk for a $1000. Hope I helped some one!

Fly😃 

Good, Mason! When I got my Omega Air Charger from AOA, it had Made in China on it. I decided to keep it and it worked great. But, I was somewhat upset that the fact that it was a Chinese product was not disclosed in the product description.

I would also request that Walmart compensate you for the deceptive advertising and the extra work you must do to return it. Perhaps a $100 gift certificate would be in order :). You could maybe mention that it would be interesting to discover how many other customers it pulled this stunt on. Jus' sayin' ;-)