Ordered the Fx Impact x .177 did I get in over my head?

I did the same thing, first I got a Gamo breakbarrel, then I find that I like the sport of shooting and then went for Impact, I finished the game by cheat :) If I got other gun first I would miss all that possibility to tinker and tune and I like to tinker, detune and tune, like to play. Just leave it as it is in the beginning and learn as time and led goes by.

nice

i don’t mind tinkering with the gun, but wenn it shoots good I stop tinkering and just want to shoot, I don’t want to tinker every time that I’m in the backyard for shooting, so I hope that it shoots like a dream.

my hw 100 has been a big disappointment for me, that thing shoot hot for a 177. 320m/s I don’t know how much that is in FPS but I think it’s way over 1000 FPS, so I’m in the process of getting it down in speed and get it to shoot hole in hole at 20-30 meters. But it has an leak so now I’m waiting for orings and a new gun hmm

Hey Raptor,

The thing is, almost any gun you buy will eventually need o-rings and some maintenance. But it will be sometime before you need them. Plenty of time to read up on things.

The impact has been improved in many ways since I got mine so that's a plus for you. It's kinda cool starting at the top if you know what I mean. Like getting the best looking girl in school for a girlfriend....some maintenance required....but worth it in the end.

I think you will do some reading and video watching and by the time you do need to do some work you'll know how. That's how I did it.

BTW, I used to live in Denmark for two years...what a cool place.

OK have fun with the Impact........and the new hot girlfriend 😉

Yes, when I first got the gun I filled it to almost 250 bars and shot it all the way to 110 (reg pressure ) and I got almost 8 full magazines out of it. I play on the side of caution and don't need to get 160 shots per fill though. I have a 12 ft.lbs Brocock Bantam that gets 240+ shots per fill...that 24 magazines in that gun. 80-100 shots per fill is plenty for a shooting session for me. I am actually out of pellets right now for my Impact ( thought I had 2 tins in the house) that's how much you will shoot it!

What scope do you have to put on yours?

Brissley

have you tried and counting shots from from 250bar to 120 bar?

On FX website it says about 180 shot in full version, so I was a little disappointed to see that you only are getting 80 shots?:(

on my hw 100 I’m getting 112 shots with a bottle half the size of the impact

I'm sure with the right tune it does get 180 shots from a full fill. Depends on a lot of things really... I think at 12fpe it gets over 500 shots!?!? Imagine shooting a tin of pellets per fill that's insane!

Nice choice on both guns, the HW100 is very nice as well. I've always wanted to try the HW100KT

Hey Raptor,

The thing is, almost any gun you buy will eventually need o-rings and some maintenance. But it will be sometime before you need them. Plenty of time to read up on things.

The impact has been improved in many ways since I got mine so that's a plus for you. It's kinda cool starting at the top if you know what I mean. Like getting the best looking girl in school for a girlfriend....some maintenance required....but worth it in the end.

I think you will do some reading and video watching and by the time you do need to do some work you'll know how. That's how I did it.

OK have fun with the Impact........and the new hot girlfriend 
1f609.svg

I’m already reading and watching everything thing that I can find about the impact, I actually enjoy it and watching the tutorials over and over again so every thing doesn’t seem so scary wenn it’s time to take it apart.

living in Denmark? Nice! I hope you got to see all that our little country could offer 

and thanks

Oh your gonna have fun always buy the good stuff dont go spinning knobs and definitely do not try making adjustments .when the rifle is cocked you will break it.find out what pellet was used to set your impact up..congrats. What scope do you plan on using .Dont get a crappy one check out Giles onthe AIR GUN GEAR SHOW. .HE GOT FROM a 12 foot pound 22 cal.from 250 bar down to 60 bar. 720 shots .outstanding .Your in the best forum with great men and women who have tons of knowledge and the willingness to help each other. Your gonna be fine.if you need to do repairs...2 things that come before any repairs to your rifle that you never take for granted is always treat the rifle as if its loaded until you know better and HPA. HI PRESSURE AIR THERES ENOUGH PRESSURE .TO REALLY RUIN YOUR DAY. Congrats again . Ps clean barrel when you get the rifle a straw helps if your using .a whip or snake enjoy pat

Yes, when I first got the gun I filled it to almost 250 bars and shot it all the way to 110 (reg pressure ) and I got almost 8 full magazines out of it. I play on the side of caution and don't need to get 160 shots per fill though. I have a 12 ft.lbs Brocock Bantam that gets 240+ shots per fill...that 24 magazines in that gun. 80-100 shots per fill is plenty for a shooting session for me. I am actually out of pellets right now for my Impact ( thought I had 2 tins in the house) that's how much you will shoot it!

What scope do you have to put on yours?

160 shots that more like it! Wenn I’m plinking in the backyard I’ll shoot100-300 shots it all depends on weather and the mood I’m in. 240 shots on the Bantam per fill that’s nice, that’s 3 days of shooting for you.

the Impact in sub 12 shoots 720 shots per fill that’s so crazy, but damn that must be nice you don’t have to worry about filling it all the time. 

The Germans Weirauch in 7.5 joule ( don’t know what it is in ft.lbs) but they get 420 shots with a bottle half the size of the Impact 

wenn I got my hw 100 I could only squeeze about 56 shots out of it,now I am getting 112 shots and wenn I’m done tinkering with it I hope to get around 120 shots per fill.

my hw 100 is the k model. Scope for the impact will be a Hawke sidewinder 30 Tactical 6.5-20x42

Hey Raptor,

OK have fun with the Impact........and the new hot girlfriend 😉

Impact is a phenomenal gun. Do not get discouraged when you learn something new every time you take it out. I'm in over my head with my Impact, but loving every minute of out shooting the powder burners at 75 yards and more. Accurate, easy to use, and generally fantastic. Puts the fun back into shooting. Ease of cocking, just the simplicity of the design in some aspects.

Do plan on some quality chronograph time. It'll help you set the gun for max accuracy. My sweet spot was close to 830 fps, yours may be different, but do learn, it's a great platform.

Oh your gonna have fun always buy the good stuff dont go spinning knobs and definitely do not try making adjustments .when the rifle is cocked you will break it.find out what pellet was used to set your impact up..congrats. What scope do you plan on using .Dont get a crappy one check out Giles onthe AIR GUN GEAR SHOW. .HE GOT FROM a 12 foot pound 22 cal.from 250 bar down to 60 bar. 720 shots .outstanding .Your in the best forum with great men and women who have tons of knowledge and the willingness to help each other. Your gonna be fine.if you need to do repairs...2 things that come before any repairs to your rifle that you never take for granted is always treat the rifle as if its loaded until you know better and HPA. HI PRESSURE AIR THERES ENOUGH PRESSURE .TO REALLY RUIN YOUR DAY. Congrats again . Ps clean barrel when you get the rifle a straw helps if your using .a whip or snake enjoy pat

This is a great forum, everyone is really helpful and trust me it is much appreciated.

my cleaning kit is ready for it,wenn it arrives! Count down 4 days to go!

Impact is a phenomenal gun. Do not get discouraged when you learn something new every time you take it out. I'm in over my head with my Impact, but loving every minute of out shooting the powder burners at 75 yards and more. Accurate, easy to use, and generally fantastic. Puts the fun back into shooting. Ease of cocking, just the simplicity of the design in some aspects.

Do plan on some quality chronograph time. It'll help you set the gun for max accuracy. My sweet spot was close to 830 fps, yours may be different, but do learn, it's a great platform.

About 3 weeks ago I bought a chronograph, so I am ready and I have tons of pellets I just need the damn gun!:)

one thing I can’t figure out, is it possible to use a silencer with that telescopic system?

ohh and did some one get the impact cera coated?

we don’t have hydro dip here,so if I want another color I’ll have to get it cera coated