• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ordered FX Wildcat Yesterday

Daveo9,
If your wildcat is the most perfect machined air rifle ever produced, the most accurate, and quiet....they probably sent you mine by mistake! Ha. Mine is due by end of day on Wednesday. The rifle was delivered to the adjacent state UPS office at 2:45am today. I can't believe it will take two days to get to Kentucky! That's what ground shipping gets you though. My foster fitting arrived today. It came with a small "washer" and no instructions. I hope I can figure out how it is put on the rifle.

it's not hard ,plastic part can go in either way and use the white air tape around the threads reverse wrap it or against the threads tighten and your all done....yeah they better send me a quiet rifle that's my really big gripe is I really hope it's not so loud I gotta spend another 100 bucks then almost 400 more on a scope .....gets expensive quick! I will let you know how quiet it is soon after I get it out the box,I am hoping for the best lol. I squirrel hunt too,and I try to stay in one spot while hunting. Once I am done shooting I go pick up my squirrels this is the advantage of a quiet gun.xing fingers. have a good night

I hunt squirrels the same way this time of the year. Actually, I visit my deer stands where squirrels had been imitating deer walking for two months. I even like to strap up in the tree stands. My favorite time though is mid-late August when squirrels are cutting hickory. Then I move back and forth between hickory trees.

Looking forward to hearing your, I expect, super positive report about your rifle!

I just pulled my Wildcat 25 out of its case since storing it back in July. The only issue I have is a very very slow leak from the vent hole. After a couple attempts to fix the leak in the past, I opted to leave it alone. This Wildcat was from the Dec 2015 batch and still couldn't be more happy with it's performance. I hope you will enjoy your Wildcat and with the understanding that all airguns are not perfect, no matter how much it cost. 

The first thing you might notice is a POI shift. Why? If you would take a closer look, the Wildcat has many parts. And each parts is assembled by hand by several people at the manufacturer (from what I saw in FX videos). And of course, and more likely the cause of my issue, was shipping to my home. Anyway, this tip did resolve my POI shift and was the first tip I received from FX. So I thought I would share it with new or soon to be "Wildcat" owners if they should run into this issue. 

Simply loosen these bolts. This should align the barrel to the air reservoir. NOTE: once you loosen these bolts do not allow the air reservoir to slide forward or backward. Allowing the reservoir to slide will change the position of the pellet probe and cause more issues. I believe what was happening was the barrel and reservoir was not align and needed to be re-aligned to prevent or reduce POI shift. Probable cause was more likely, shipping. Good luck, shoot safe, and have fun!!

"Docmortal"So can u assume loosening these screws will release a tension in the assembly causing the POI shift.

Then you retighten the screws.

Trying to understand why this would cause a poi shift. Thanks for the info!

I removed my barrel once already just to make sure the barrel air inlet hole was aligned and it was.
Yes, I believe that what was happening. One of the foam pieces in the box was pushed to one side of the box when I received my Wildcat. An indicator it bounced around during shipping.

Good call on the barrel alignment! That was one cause of low velocity with one Wildcat operator.

Okay I got my wildcat about an hour ago,I ordered a 36" case to go with it and a extra magazine.So let me start with the case....When they delivered the 1 box I got it inside quick as I could.Once inside I noticed a huge cut in the box so I ran got my Sony Camera and videoed the unboxing knowing there was going to be damage.Sure enough the nice FX case had 1 broken latch and a huge cut in the plastic case.they had this on the floor with every other package stacked on top of it because I am the last stop before you go into the forest (aka) "GODS COUNTRY"So one quick call to aoa and everything was resolved I got to send the picks of the box and the damage and they are going to overnight me a new one!!! Okay on to the gun!!!!!
The gun.

Okay so I was a bit unhappy about the case but that all went away soon as I opened up the box.There in all it's glory laid my FX Wildcat .25 cal all shinny!Soon as I picked up my new Wildcat my first though was omg poor squirrels.I quickly shouldered my squirrel slayer and I am in instant Heaven.So I scrambled to put my old scope on just to go pop off a few pellets(Benjamin Domed) and with the scope it added a lil heft but nothing like carrying my Marauder with a 6-24x50 ao ir scope I bet it ways more than ten pounds.So I go out the the table and turn on the lights and I start to look through the scope down range at the target and I am thinking man this is what I been missing for the last few years!Well I finally relax,my breathing just right,perfect cross hairs on target and pow.!!! reload pow,reload pow,reload pow,reload pow!!! my first group with my new wildcat with Benjamin domed pellets was just under 3/8ths inch ctc. okay when I first seen the results through the scope it looked as if they all went through 1 hole,but when I walked out 50 yards and seen what I had done I went and got the ruler and sure enough 3/8ths inch ctc,and the gun was no where near as loud as my Marauder.So I will not be ordering the extra baffles.
Over all I am so pleased with Air guns of Arizona that they will have a repeat customer in the future I just can't justify going else where for anything,and the customer support was top notch,they had me squared away in 3 minutes or less. I will be holding on to this Wildcat and it will be a hand me down keep sake to my child as my Father handed me down his hunting firearms.

p.s To everyone that assured me a good buy with the FX Wildcat Thanks very much I could not be more pleased with this purchase,I know the squirrels are going to hate it but this just became my go to gun! I'll be posting up the videos on youtube and a link here to my 5 shot groups...and I am still wowed by the gun!

"Dave09"
"SPC-Racing"
"Dave09"... I am the last stop before you go into the forest (aka) "GODS COUNTRY"

Where are you located in "Gods Country"?

Great post on your new rifle!

I live in Defuniak Springs Florida Hog,deer and squirrel country

There is "God's Country" in Pennsylvania also; Potter county PA which is just one county east of my location. 
Thank you for the response and enjoy the new Wildcat.