• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ordered FX Wildcat Yesterday

My Wildcat arrived about 20 minutes ago. It is well after sundown here and I have 3 grandchildren due any minute. So, shooting will have to wait a bit. Mine is a .25 caliber with black stock. The rifle was boxed very well. The MTC Viper Connect scope was mounted.

The rifle feels well balanced and I appreciate the lighter weight of this firearm over my other PCPs and springer.

I was headed for a different rifle less than a month ago when a poster her suggested I should try a bullpen, the Wildcat. I know more when I shoot it but first impressions are strong. 

Thanks

This is the rifle in the box. The green bubble wrap contains the fill probe and the magazine. I ordered a 2nd mag but it wasn't packed with the rifle. Hopefully, AoA believes me and will send the extra I paid $39 for.

I've shot about 100 shots from 12 yards in the past two days. I went outside and sighted in at 20 yards so I can take the rifle squirrel hunting from one of my deer stands tomorrow. The gun is shooting 865FPS, about 40 shots with JSB Exact Kings 25.39 grains. Have to remember how to get my bluetooth ProChronograph device to record more than a 20-shot string. Haven't used it for about 7-8 months so I don't quite remember. 

I'm going to try to get a sling on the rifle. Right now I've just tied a strap in the hole behind the grip (I believe where some put a magazine reservoir -- I'd like to find that Magazine holder, looks pretty cool.). I love the MTC Viper Connect Scope on this rifle. I have the same scope on my Daystate Regal XL (.22). I like it because it is compact although surprisingly heavy. Very clear.

If any can help I have two questions:
1. Sling advice? I've done some searches and see some of the single attachment AR types. I like those but where on the FX Wildcat would they attach? 
2. The magazine holder. Someone on this forum said to check out Ernst? Go to other products on his website. I tried that but didn't find the mag holder?

Some may have read my post where I had trouble with the probe and foster fitting. I didn't know where to place the "washer" in the set-up. Below is the WRONG way to do it. I finally studied a picture in the FX catalogue that comes with the gun and saw that the "washer" goes between the probe and the foster fitting. Solved the leak immediately. 

Sorry I couldn't rotate that full rifle picture horizontal. I tried to "edit" with photo bucket and couldn't. I didn't want to edit on my computer and upload again.

Oh, I'm liking the rifle quite a bit. Still intrigued with the electronics of Daystate Air Wolf and Pulsar though. Both aren't quite as powerful as I want in .25 though. The wolf is longer than I want and the Pulsar is heavier.

Thanks

bowwild. The mag holder is on Ebay. Search FX Wildcat mag holder. I think your going to love the wildcat. I looked at the Daystate Pulsar and was all set to buy one, But they were heavier and had less power. But the reason I ended up with the wildcat was when I held them both, the wildcat just seemed to fit. The Daystate was a drop dead gorgeous gun though. 

Kitplanenut,
Thanks for this information. Good to hear from someone who had both the Pulsar and the Wildcat in their hands. I'll check that mag holder out. Talked to AoA this morning. The .25 mag is on backorder so I have just the one now. No big deal for hunting though. I don't try to kill limits of squirrels, just 2-3 at a time for an immediate meal. Surely 8 pellets will be more than enough for that.

"bowwild"Kitplanenut,
Thanks for this information. Good to hear from someone who had both the Pulsar and the Wildcat in their hands. I'll check that mag holder out. Talked to AoA this morning. The .25 mag is on backorder so I have just the one now. No big deal for hunting though. I don't try to kill limits of squirrels, just 2-3 at a time for an immediate meal. Surely 8 pellets will be more than enough for that.

I have been squirrel hunting the last two days each day I killed my limit(4) very quickly.2 for me 2 for the dog. I have yet to miss and have yet to use my second mag.to unload pellets from my mag I use a small alen key works fine. hope your enjoying yours as much as I am mine !!!

Thanks heggie.

A fellow here from Michigan (Matt) and I talked yesterday (yep, by phone - ha!). He made a mag holder that fits in the slots below the scope rail. I'm buying one from him on Monday. 

I am curious about that Magpul sling attachment you describe above. I like conventional, 2-point sling attachments but I don't know if I want to install those devices that prevent screws from pulling out of the stock and going that route. Actually, I need slings on 4 rifles! All but this Wildcat would be conventional.

"douger"I had wildcat 22 now have the wolf hands down the daystate is way better 200 shots at 30 ftlbs just a far superior gun join the wolf gang once you shoot 1 youll never go back imop
Come on now.. Don't pee on the guy's campfire. He just got a new air rifle. Let him be excited about it and enjoy it. 

Nobody looking for a compact and lightweight 25 cal bullpup would see a Daystate Airwolf as a viable alternative to an FX Wildcat. For one thing, the 25 cal Airwolf is long enough to pole vault with. It's not a compact hunter at all. It's not even in the same price range.

Also, there is no reason why his experience with the 25 Wildcat should mimic your experience with a 22. They aren't the same gun.

The FX Wildcat has very broad approval among it's predominantly delighted owners. There is no reason he should be looking to replace it before he's used it. 

I installed typical sling studs for wood stocks in my Wildcat and have not had any problems in the year they have been on. The stock material is pretty dense and holds the studs very well in my opinion. I am using a Harris bi-pod on the front stud and it has not come loose. I think for a little insurance you could add some glue to the stud to lock it in and prevent it from loosening. Also the swivel stud kit I used came with a machine stud with nut that you could use up front with a backer washer counter sunk if you like. I believe there is enough thickness in the forearm of the stock to do this. Here is the stud kit I used. Bill

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Connection-BO-5-Detachable-Swivels/dp/B00162QGWW/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1480197930&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Outdoor+Connection+Swivel+Bases+for+BO-5+Detachable+Swivels 

Thanks AirgunBill. I've read a few places on the web where folks wonder about those typical "wood stock" studs pulling out or not? I've installed those in a couple of powder burners over the years and they are very easy and secure as rocks. I've just never worked synthetic material like this Wildcat and would be sick if I boogered up the stock. 

Oh I don't mind the feedback at all concerning the Daystate Air Wolf vs. the Wildcat. I have 2 Daystates (Regal XL and Wolverine B Hi-Lite) and I returned an Air Wolf Extreme (.25) after owning it about 12 hours last December (it was just too long at nearly 47"). I knew the length of the Wolf Extreme when I ordered it but was taken aback when I opened the box. I couldn't believe AoA was so easy to work with on that deal. The weight of the Pulsar (as listed on websites - I'll never see one unless I buy it) scares me off. I've heard about the balance. I am also concerned about the Pulsar and the Air Wolf FPE in .25. Frankly, I thought the Wildcat would come in closer to 45-46 FPE, but if buy chronograph is right (I started another thread where I shot bot the Wildcat and Wolverine a few hours ago), my Wildcat is "only" about 42 FPE (863 FPS with 25.39 pellets). But, how far on the other side of a squirrel's noggin do I need to shoot?

I know the Air Wolf and Wildcat couldn't be much different in terms of the platform. I love bells and whistles, even though most of the time I never use all of them. The Wolf Electronics, for the brief time I owned the Extreme are amazing! I love the air pressure, shot count, and the auto counting of shots .... I'm forever forgetting the count on my Wildcat and either shooting an empty chamber or removing the magazine with 1-2 pellets remaining. Reckon I need to take my shoes and socks off to keep count.

The fair thing for me to do is hunt (squirrels) with both the Wildcat and the Wolverine. I think I'll know which I prefer in 2-3 hunts. I'd love to love the Wolverine enough to be convinced to buy the Air Wolf which is only 40.5" long. That makes it just 5" longer than the Wildcat. I believe the Air Wolf is about 1.7 pounds heavier though?

I just purchased an FX Wildcat in .25 this past week and took it out this weekend. Also purchased a separate carbon fiber tank as well as case and scope all from AGA. The question is that I wanted to hunt coyote and javelina as well as smaller game. I think this gun may be too small for what I want. This is an expensive gun and I was hoping it would be more versatile. What I'm finding is I may need to go up in size. Any feedback in this area?

I killed a wild hog with my wildcat 2 nights ago using the jsb mkll .25 these hogs are around 175 - 200 lbs and my cat dropped the one in its tracks, good shot placement will kill a pig/javelina. I always do a head shot though right between the eyes is best body shot and your going to be looking for a long time. coyote I prolly wouldn't try that as I can never get them to come in range to spooked maybe you have better luck. hope this helped!