ordered FX Streamline

Been out of town for last 2 1/2 month. Got back in town for last two days of deer hunting and now settling in just being home. Have really missed shooting every day and really hated to miss EBR. Wish I could have been there and seen everyone. Checked my airguns and all the pressures were still right where they were left. No leaks. That was good. Was talking with AOA and told the new FX Streamline was coming in. Sounds like a great gun so I ordered one. Said they would call when they came in and I could decide stock and cal. Now I'm waiting, everything seems right with the world. 

No. No word yet. AOA said late December. If it does show late December I'll have them hold it until after the Christmas rush. Or box the crap out of it. When I ordered it they really didn't give me a choice of stocks and cal because they weren't sure of what was coming in. I'd like a wood stock 22. Be interesting to see what actually shows up. This will be the first run so chance of some possable problems or changes, but my wildcats were first shipment and have been golden. Plus with AOA if I don't like it I can send it back or trade it. Just takes the worry out of buying from them. 

I'm not sure if the effect on the cylinder Lloyd mentions is a defect as such, ive seen this look to the newer FX guns and it's almost like fine fibres in the finish and it's been in the wildcats I've seen.

Only thing id be really annoyed at would be the shorter air cylinder. The prototype gun's shown at the shows had a similar length cylinder to barrel and I personally loved the look. They even use that prototype pic on BAR website. Now they've turned up, they've got a look like every other pcp rifle with a shorter cylinder, that's a big shame IMO. No wonder he mentions that in the vid as he may well have annoyed customers.

I actually saw a laminate streamline in the future for me, but now it just looks like my FX T12, no chance.

"MrAirgun"I'm not sure if the effect on the cylinder Lloyd mentions is a defect as such, ive seen this look to the newer FX guns and it's almost like fine fibres in the finish and it's been in the wildcats I've seen.

Only thing id be really annoyed at would be the shorter air cylinder. The prototype gun's shown at the shows had a similar length cylinder to barrel and I personally loved the look. They even use that prototype pic on BAR website. Now they've turned up, they've got a look like every other pcp rifle with a shorter cylinder, that's a big shame IMO. No wonder he mentions that in the vid as he may well have annoyed customers.

I actually saw a laminate streamline in the future for me, but now it just looks like my FX T12, no chance.
It doesn't seem like the cylinder length matters on the UK version as it apparently gets 200 shots per fill anyway.

It may matter more for the American version depending on how many shots per fill it gets. It doesn't make much difference to the aesthetics for me. It's not a nice-looking gun but it isn't meant to be. 

My understanding is that the aim of this gun is to provide quality performance at a lower price. They have sacrificed some bells and whistles to retain features like the reg at the lower price point.

FX has a very large range of air rifles with different styles these days. Too many in my opinion but the key point is that, for anyone who doesn't like the Streamline styling, FX offer many other choices so pick what you like.

I think a nicer stock would make a huge difference to the aesthetics (far more than a longer cylinder). It's not the material. I wouldn't like that stock in wood either. It's the shape that's a little plain for my taste. You can always upgrade to a custom aftermarket stock though and if the gun performs it would be worth it.