Orbeez Challenge

They are not googling the subject of your post. 😀

Back in my paintball Days I got shot by a frozen paintball once let me tell you that hurts. That's the problem we've got here. Challenge itself is just silliness and mostly harmless but some of these kids are freezing the paintballs and that's dangerous.

I just looked up "TikTok air gun challenge", and it came up.

Not being part of tiktok, it wouldn't let me see anything, but directed me to a YouTube video. No, I didn't save the video address.

Anyway, pretty stupid stuff, or...can you spell...Moron". Many...years back, I did a couple of the foux-military paint ball games things. Even just regular paint ball, balls hurt when hit with only a single layer of cloths over your skin. Nice big welts, last a week and a half or so as I recall. People shouldn't be shooting unknowing folks with ANYTHING...in any case.

Mike

I say we make the challenge of how far can you hit one of these orbeez with a pellet. Now I know there are two sizes of orbeez almost golf ball size and a smaller marble size. Have to set up a camera at the range end to see the orbee getting hit from distance. Have to work fast around here as the 100* temp will be making the orbee shrink pretty fast as it dries out.

Saw those little gel guns being used at paintball fields for the smaller kids as they are no/low mess and have less impact than a paintball. All the years I played the worst was getting hit by cheap paintballs left out in the sun and humidity. Those things turn into a rubber ball and do not break on you like higher end professional balls. Good paintballs will break when dropped from the waist or thighs. The cheap stuff I could throw down on concrete with force and they would just bounce off. I walked out several times getting hit by those summer balls and not having it break as I needed to get my bareings back.

Paintballs are great targets! You can get them down to about .40 cal in size (blowgun balls). And the powder filled balls (harder to find and much more expensive) also explode when hit, and have the added benefit of making your target array & range smell 'shower fresh'.

We use paintball decorated targets on my home range all the time. Sometimes they turn into real works of art after being all shot up.

IMG_2543.JPG

IMG_2544.JPG

I have been watching this Tik Tok challenge closely. I will let you look up the latest incident which is going to hit national news, but kids have been doing this challenge all over the country (U.S.).

This will probably create more air rifle restrictions at the local level.
Haha funny you should mention it, i thought about shooting a tic tac today as i got a fresh box of them, but the wind was pretty nasty today even pushing my slugs around,,,, that or my Vulcan 3 have suddenly become sick with horizontal spread.

EDIT: you wrote tik - tok which i am familiar with by name but not a place i have been, but me suffering from selective reading got tic tac instead . :confused:
This actually happen a lot for me.

Last edited: