Orange Generic Mystery Compressor Rebuild Research (spritech/tuxing/etc)

Took my orange compressor apart and did a thourough cleaning. I've been harder on it than I needed to be so I was thankful everything looked pretty good. I don't have my rebuild kit in yet but I wanted to see how a cleaning would do.

Lots of carbon buildup from running at 40C/104F too long perhaps. I didn't realize how noisy it had gotten now that's it's oiled and greased.

The only issues I saw besides the overall carbon buildup was the plastic checkvalve was pretty coated (not the small flapper one) and probably wasn't moving well at all and one of the small wear rings is slightly deformed (one of the brown ones on the small inner piston in one of the above pictures)

Pumping has improved and I believe changing the brown wear rings will get it back to new.

Hello Orange Generic (Spritch) Compressor owners,

Help needed - so Ive owned the Spritech since last September with no issues. Today I was at the range at tried to fill my gun. The compressor started running and at about 2000psi slowed down, the Temp indicator on the small LCD window changed from 15.7F to 660 (which is an ERROR message i believe?) and the compressor then shut itself down. When trying to figure out what's going on, I found out that it burned the small green fuse in the back. So I replaced with a spare one that came with the compressor, checked all the connection/fittings/car battery cables and tried again. And again, the exact same thing happened and it burned a 2nd fuse. So I jus put it aside. 

Did this happen to anyone? what could be the cause and possible fix? I realize that these aren't built to last but I really enjoyed the portability and easy operation. I am going to open it and look inside, but not sure what to look for. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ari, I don't know about what's blowing the fuse, something has to be shorting and blowing the fuse. I would make a wild guess it's in the power supply.

Armed, my first rebuild did well but as I suspected it didn't last. That was due to me cutting the new rings by pushing the pump back together to fast and the metal edges cut the rings.

It's doing good again now since I rebuilt it again. The new rings have a hard time going back into the metal pump housing without getting cut. I have access to a press at work, like the type that might push bearings into a hub. It has a hand wheel that raises and lowers the 1 1/2" square press part.

I placed a piece of wood on top of the metal pump housing as it was setting on top of the 'pump piston'. I went extremely slow with cranking the press down. This allowed the new ring to be squeezed up into the housing. I would press a little then let the ring get used to the new shape. You need to keep an eye all the way around to be sure the housing is going over the ring equally. Eventually the new ring gave in and the housing went over the piston.