Optisan Optics 3-12×32 MH10 Reticle

I have the "CP" 3-12×32 MH10 scope on my HW77 and recently purchased another one from Trenier Outdoors for my HW95. Jeff has very good customer service and fast shipping! Awesome scope, very fine reticle and nice hold points. The turrets are very compact and are covered. Turrets turn very mechanically with firm clicks. The parallax adjust is located on the side. Very smooth rotation with enough resistance built in for fine tuning. Parallax adjustment is pretty close to numbers for loose ranging.

https://www.trenieroutdoors.com/optics-2/optisan/optisan-optics-3-12x32-mh10-reticle/

Warranty card needs to be submitted with Optisan and MTC brands of scopes. They are not life time and not transferable. Also Falcon optics not transferable

Keep the original proof of purchase receipt some place safe.

Read the fine print for the warranty instructions.

Cheaper alternative for $132 free shipping SFP Vector Veyron from Optics Planet with 10% discount. Veyron does not have a life time warranty either. Likely coming from the same factory as the Optisan and Discovery and West Hunter and US Optics in China.

IIRC, the Optisan CP was developed with UK field target shooters — for competitions where you are not allowed tomakechanges to the scope when the match begins.

It has therefore a long range where the parallax error is negligible and sharpness is good — what I call the Parallax and Sharpness Range — PSR (in photography, the depth of field, a bit of an ambiguous term....).

That's why the objective lens is only 32mm (most common is 44..).

The field of view FoV is also quite large — 36y @100y for 3x.

I might have bought it already — but I can't stand capped turrets — the manufacturers' clear measage to "set the turrets and then leave them d#ng thangs alone!"

Matthias

PS: As turret dialer, I prefer the Discovery VT-3 3-12x44 FFP. Dialing hundreds of shots for over two years. Today I dialed a pigeon's death at 58m (64y).

10 inches (25cm) SHORT.

18.4oz (500g) LIGHT.

Clear glass. Exposed locking turrets.

Under $200. 

Warranty card needs to be submitted with Optisan and MTC brands of scopes. They are not life time and not transferable. Also Falcon optics not transferable

Keep the original proof of purchase receipt some place safe.

Read the fine print for the warranty instructions.

Cheaper alternative for $132 free shipping SFP Vector Veyron from Optics Planet with 10% discount. Veyron does not have a life time warranty either. Likely coming from the same factory as the Optisan and Discovery and West Hunter and US Optics in China.

MTC and Optisan are different companies. Optisan warranty is lifetime as well as transferable.