Optisan HX 4-12X40 AO

Funny story, I was looking for a good but inexpensive scope for my HW97K, and saw an Optisan Cobra 3-9X40 AO advertised on Hermans Sporting Guns site here in Oz.
The cobra has some very good reviews, and at only $145 delivered is a pretty good deal. Anyway - ordered the scope and a couple of days later got an email to the effect that they were out of stock of cobra's and would I mind if they upgraded my order (no extra cost) to an Optisan HX 4-12X40 AO. (gotta luv that)
So I am looking forward to trying this combo out, and will update this thread with the verdict. 

Hi All

Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. - Anyway, the scope arrived very promptly, and I was impressed right from the get go.
The packaging is high quality. Comes with an instruction manual, cleaning cloth and a diagram explaining the half mil dot reticule

3dbd4af44788bd295d1ace24553069f5.jpg

6a1d9831ac2b0314c6e646ece97a5797.jpg

The scope is very nicely made, all business without the bling some manufactures add to try sell their scopes. The AO is firm without being tight, and is marked from 10yrds to infinity, but due to a bit of extra movement will focus down to about 7 yrds. The 4- 12 magnification is the same - firm but not tight, - The clarity of the scope is awesome, very clear and bright on all magnification levels.

db66da04b741b7b9dc08982bdbb709cd.jpg

Nothing however is perfect, and my very minor gripes would be 1) no scope caps (never use them anyway) and 2) the AO is marked 10yrds, and then 35yrds - I would have liked a 20yrd mark in between - But these are minor gripes for a scope which retails for about $AU 250 and easily compares to scopes at twice the price.

Next step will be testing - I will update after I have had a good play.

Hi All

OK, so a few months have passed, and I have had the opportunity to put quite a few pellets downrange with my HW97K .20cal with the new Optisan scope on it.

I never realised what a huge difference some quality glass can make. My old scope was a Leapers 3-9X40 fixed 35yrd objective which I thought was pretty good.

However putting pellet after pellet (H&N Ftt) on top of each other at 25m is now rediculously easy, the new scope is so clear and bright on all magnification levels.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this scope to other enthusiasts. 

I will add that my HW has been tuned, and is a very mild recoiling 15 fpe, which is not hard on scopes.

1530770974_12808214135b3db61e246cb6.40660825_hw97k-20cal.jpg