Optisan CP3-12x32 on HW100, recommend mount? [MOUNTED]

Hello --

There's an HW100 SK .22cal in my future, and thinking of topping it with an Optisan CP 3-12x32. Below mashup photo is fair on scaling using some known dimensions. As the scope is compact, and a rough idea where ocular will fall, seems like two-piece mounts straddling the mag well might not be doable. Rarely taking a shot prone, think my setback will be like that in photo.

I have on hand a UTG bugbustah in a BKL 3" cantilever, so when rifle comes in can check fit with/against that. Also pondering two-piece mounts, with one being the "extended" (canti'd) type, with canti over the mag well, or visa versa, don't know just yet. From the vendor I am told the usable front dovetail on the HW100 is 2.75" and the rail abaft the mag well is 4", so plenty room I think on rear dovetail alone.

So, I am looking for 30mm, Medium height, mount recommendations. I greatly appreciate your folks' input.

Thank you,

Mark

hw100_cp3-12.1628814312.jpg

I believe that you will be able to move the scope back where both 2 piece rings will fit behind the port. Reference this compact Hawke scope on my HW95L using 2 piece Hawke tactical 30 mm medium rings.

FYI SportsMatch T035C 30 mm 2 piece medium rings are 7/8" in width/length while the Hawke tactical are 1" in width/length. Width is length front to rear on the dovetail.

IMG_0384 New Rings.1628819881.jpg

Same rifle with a Hawke 3-9 x 40 mm scope using SportSmatch T04C 2 piece 1" medium rings.

IMG_4168.1628820416.JPG

Other companies that make them but here's one offset, 2 piece set you might take a look at. Hawke Reach Forward Match mounts. The set linked is a 1 inch extension but they also make a longer 2 inch set. Would/should cantilever you out over the mag well like you want:

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/hawke-2pc-30mm-9-11mm-high-1-extension?a=8800 

I browsed available mounts at AoA, Trenier, &al, and those Hawkes and similar caught my eye. Wanna try get the base of the extended mount turned under the turrets. Cause the scope is so small want to keep a svelte look to the optic/mount combo. BKL-302 similar but they are 1' 4-bolt straps, and easily fill the 1.08" rear mount area of the Optisan. The BKL-374 2-bolt strap is an option.

Sort of an aesthetic balance trying to strike here, keeping things pleasing in proportion. And thank you for the pictures!

SteveP-52

Doubt very much the picture helps...

Have no doubt. Sitting here rolling the scroll up and down between your photo and my photo, can visualize, and kinda liking. Galatian, never seen one. That's a handsome gun.

Thank you, sir. It was Hatsan's top of the line PCP back in 2016 when I bought it and would appear pretty much forgotten once they jumped on the PCP wagon and started cranking out a new model every 6 months...lol. They also make a Turkish Walnut stocked version of it. Some people liked the silver plate on the action, I didn't and bought the black synthetic instead. Would also appear they prouder of it for some reason considering the $150 price jump since I got mine and the walnut has jumped $200. Then again, prices have jumped on pretty much everything the last year or so. Just for chuckles, the Walnut stocked version:

galatian walnut.1628855566.jpg

Thank you all for your input. Ordered up the Hawke 30mm HIGH 1" extended mounts, as recommended by @SteveP-52 . Priced affordably (similar Sportsmatch are twice the price). Went high mounts as a hedge for cheek weld, liking @Deerstalker 's cheek pad if need to fine tune. Now just waiting for the mailman. Will bump this with a photo of finished rifle in a week or two.

HW100 is a total Euro gun and dead on 11mm dovetail. Do not get rings that say 3/8 and 11mm or just 3/8". Get actual 11mm rings. Same thing wih CZ's.

I wish they would all get rid of the dovetail and go to Picatinny. The dovetail is like 50 years outdated and was designed for very small super light scopes. Not the monsters we put on now. Dovetails also have lots of milling alignment issues.

With more expensive rings you pay for zero alingment issues, zero scope tube stress, minimal clicks to zero and a dovetail clamp that is close to perfect. I have a box full of $35 rings that are abandoned for at least upper level BKL and Sportsmatch grade rings. This is especially true for springers with the extra recoil. 

austin870

Do not get rings that say 3/8 and 11mm or just 3/8".

Uh, yeah, they are sped'd 9-11mm.

I wish they would all get rid of the dovetail and go to Picatinny.

Hope not.

I have a box full of $35 rings...

I am getting there.

That all said, last previous set of rings I bought were some Eagle Vision INS-30's, and been meaning to ask here if anyone has shimmed for wind on those.

Thanks @austin870 for the pointers!

Very nice looking rig and hopefully those mounts are working out on the rifle like you wanted them too.

Am maybe tin-and-a-half in to the HW100, and pleasantly dispelling the poor accuracy .22 bbl story of yore. Will give me under inch-ish groups at 50YD if I give the effort...chicken-winging it off a tripod. Still fiddling with the eye relief, reversed the mounts for better set back last night. Re-sight this morning.

Bit of problem with the mounts. Flipped the plate over for 11mm and found a bit of the plate riding low, holding the mount at a slight cant. Bores of scope over bbl not plumb. So going fix that today, just file off the offending tit. If the block wasn't machined so flat that tit would prolly ride off in the air like on a receiver that has rounded top.

Really like this scope. Set parallax at 25YD, zoom to 10X, and trust those holds, been drilling spinners from 15YD tp 40YD. So this scope IS totally designed for the HFT guys.

IMG_9530.1630267241.JPG