Options for tethering?

Cheap option is to fill your fill tank to the pressure fill level of your rifle, hook it up to the weapon, open the fill tank and have fun. I do this all the time with my 90 cc bottle. Normally I will fill the rifle until the pressure equals the rifle, hook it up and shoot till I run out of pellets or get tired. I then refill the tank to 4500 psi via my Omega Air Station.

Cheap option is to fill your fill tank to the pressure fill level of your rifle, hook it up to the weapon, open the fill tank and have fun. I do this all the time with my 90 cc bottle. Normally I will fill the rifle until the pressure equals the rifle, hook it up and shoot till I run out of pellets or get tired. I then refill the tank to 4500 psi via my Omega Air Station.

Interesting Charlie. Thanks for the idea. (Sorry newbie here. Never looked at it that way but makes sense.) So you're saying if I wanted to I can just fill my 75cf tank to say, 250bar... as am filling up my tank just leave the connection hooked up as is, and started shooting until I run out of ammo or my finger blisters up? 

After recently getting my .30 cal RAW, I also became interested in tethering.

I purchased Huma components through Trenier and put together one system. The other I purchased directly from Altaros.

As you can see in the pics below, the Altaros is a little more flexible as you can screw it directly into your bottle, or plug it into the bottle's fill whip if you need extra hose length.

IMG_1338.1614485564.JPG

IMG_1339.1614485564.JPG

IMG_1340.1614485565.JPG

IMG_1341.1614485565.JPG

After recently getting my .30 cal RAW, I also became interested in tethering.

I purchased Huma components through Trenier and put together one system. The other I purchased directly from Altaros.

As you can see in the pics below, the Altaros is a little more flexible as you can screw it directly into your bottle, or plug it into the bottle's fill whip if you need extra hose length.

IMG_1338.1614485564.JPG

Remember to mount the pressure gauge to the Altaros before shooting or there will be a lot of hiss ;-)

What options are available for tethering your PCP to an optional fill tank? I am aware of Joe B’s regulator set up. Are there any other lower cost regulator options out there? The search function did not help much.

I like your idea of the Joe B setup. Just set the reg pressure to your gun fill pressure and let her rip.
20210228_094242.1614523566.jpg

Remember to mount the pressure gauge to the Altaros before shooting or there will be a lot of hiss ;-)

Thanks... I had just received my Altaros in the mail when I saw this thread. Only just pulled it out of the package to take the photos. Now I know what one of the little extra components in bubble wrap is!
1f601.svg

That and a bleed screw.

The gauge in the regulator shows output pressure. And the "collar" with bleed screw and pressure gauge can rotate 360deg, so whatever way it ends on your bottle, simply rotate before adding pressure and it's right in your sight!

And adjusting pressure is pretty easy. I had no more than 3-4 tests before i was within 10bar~150psi.

Plug the end adjust, add pressure, bam, to high or to low, just bleed and make another adjustment. and be gentle a little goes a long way!

Spelling errors corected.

Bad spellers untie!

Thanks... I had just received my Altaros in the mail when I saw this thread. Only just pulled it out of the package to take the photos. Now I know what one of the little extra components in bubble wrap is!
1f601.svg

TMH, Are you in the US? If so, how long did it take for you to receive your reg? They quoted me 1-2 months delivery to the US.

The tethering method of Joe Brancato is a good one. On the following video, he starts explaining how to tether a gun at about the 2:15 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjswb4MnyU

I have one of his "2-gauge" regulators and really like it. Instead of filling my PCP's directly from my tank, I use his regulator (of course, it inserts inline between the tank and the gun) - I have found it to be a very simple way to fill a PCP airgun - just crank the knob up to your desired air pressure, then crank it back down to zero and unhook the gun from the fill whip.

I've never tethered one of my PCP's to my tank, but understand his method.

The tethering method of Joe Brancato is a good one. On the following video, he starts explaining how to tether a gun at about the 2:15 mark.

I have one of his regulators and really like it. Instead of filling my PCP's directly from my tank, I use one of his "2-gauge" regulators - I have found it to be a very simple way to fill a PCP airgun - just crank the knob up to your desired air pressure, then crank it back down to zero and unhook the gun from the fill whip.

Why?

The regulator is set at tank/your max. and will only let in air as it's used.

My Texan shoots all tethered at 250bar~3625psi with an active Altaros regulator and i can hear it replenish efter every shot.

Whats wrong with that? Dont you trust the Joe B gold nugget to do this for you?

I have one of his regulators and really like it. Instead of filling my PCP's directly from my tank, I use one of his "2-gauge" regulators - I have found it to be a very simple way to fill a PCP airgun - just crank the knob up to your desired air pressure, then crank it back down to zero and unhook the gun from the fill whip.

Why?

The regulator is set at tank/your max. and will only let in air as it's used.

My Texan shoots all tethered at 250bar~3625psi with an active Altaros regulator and i can hear it replenish efter every shot.

Whats wrong with that? Dont you trust the Joe B gold nugget to do this for you?

You asked, "Whats wrong with that? Dont you trust the Joe B gold nugget to do this for you?" 

What are you talking about? I said in my post that I only use the regulator to re-fill my PCP's, not tether them. I gather that you do, and that's fine. More power to ya;.

The gold reg is just something Joe B assembles and sells. Here is where you can buy it for best price.

https://www.augustindustries.com/product-category/compressor-regulators/

This is by far the best and most consistent setup to tether for target shooting. I have had one for 9 years and it will shoot within 5 fps max spread. Most time 1-2 fps.

Anything with a 1" gauge will never be accurate for a pressure set. Gauges are lucky to be within a 100 psi. 

Basically you get what you pay for. Industrial reg that works from 100-5000 psi or a reg that is based off a paintball reg and a 1" gauge. 

Reactions: Jspool
The gold reg is just something Joe B assembles and sells. Here is where you can buy it for best price.

https://www.augustindustries.com/product-category/compressor-regulators/

This is by far the best and most consistent setup to tether for target shooting. I have had one for 9 years and it will shoot within 5 fps max spread. Most time 1-2 fps.

Anything with a 1" gauge will never be accurate for a pressure set. Gauges are lucky to be within a 100 psi. 

Basically you get what you pay for. Industrial reg that works from 100-5000 psi or a reg that is based off a paintball reg and a 1" gauge.

Humm, good to know.