Optimum 25cal pellet

Guys ( and gals), I have been shooting 34gn pellets and slugs in my Crown (mk 1) since I got it, would the 25 give better results or just stick with what I have? I shoot 50 to 100 yards.

@Epinephrine I don’t think it would hurt to grab a small tin of 25 grain pellets to experiment with. Do you happen to have a chronograph? I think I have an idea on a more detailed answer, but I don’t own a Crown. I prefer to defer to members who own and shoot that gun to delve further into the topic. 

Should have stated that I changed liner to a superior slug liner, not the one for super heavy slugs.

Try these along with fx no limit scope rings and the varmints will move to next zip code .
Screenshot_20220416-221631_Chrome.1650162091.jpg

Even though I understand that the Crown was optimized around the JSB 25 grain pellet, they were never great in my Crown. I changed the barrel to a heavy (1 in 18") barrel to be able to shoot slugs, which it does very well, but it also shoots the 34 grain pellets extremely well. Those 34gr pellets are all I use now. The slugs are are too expensive and add no value below 100 yards.

Hi you ever watch Teds Holder videos on barrel liners. He one video where he shoots a pretty good variety liners and groups. Not in my crown but an Impact the slug A seems to be best for the heavy 34 gr 25 caliber pellets. But only slightly better than the standard liner. I shoot the 36 NSA slugs in the standard original non liner Impact 600 mm barrel pretty good.