RAW Rapid Optimising a HM1000x block for sub12fpe

This is just some information for those who are unfortunate enough to have power restrictions in their country or for those who may want a back yard friendly gun.

Unlike the 1000 block the HM1000x block is more suited to heighter power than it is sub12fpe due to the larger plenum also the reg runs more efficiently at the higher reg pressures required for power. These are the modifications I do to my 1000x blocks.

Disassemble the reg, degrease and clean. Replace the original push pin disc with custom disc that has a smaller hole, this makes the reg more consistent at the lower reg pressure

CB511332-1013-4EC7-AAF0-ACDE3233FB78.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi
Interesting Bucketboy,
The regulator seat on the left is very familiar to me. I have to remember this if ever in a situation when I need to go sub-12 FPE.
By how much does the smaller diameter restrict flow?
A = π r2 - once you know the radius, you're all set - right?
The disc hole is half the Dia so has 4 times smaller area, I would guess that due to the extra friction, flow will be about 6 times less.
Also because the area is 4 times less it should seal 4 times better/ easier

Bb

What are you all using to test the reg pressures?
Are they still available?
Mike
It’s just a 200bar gauge from Amazon (£15) and a 1/4bsp male to 1/4bsp female adaptor and a dowty washer.
I have a best reg tester for my other RAW/ rapids but this one has a different thread size.

Reactions: manabeknives
BBoy, nice mods to get your required sub 12ft/lbs on an X block/receiver! How many shots are you getting with that power (fill pressure etc)?
I only finished the block today so not had chance to test it but if it is the same as my s-type fitted with a 480cc bottle and ssg then 400+ from 210bar

• Love
Reactions: Ranchibi
Why not also reduce the plenum volume with a spacer? You probably need only around 1/3 of original volume, 5-10cc max. Not sure how much volume you have left from the plug but you need some plenum volume. Difference between 1000 and 1000x is really just the volume of the plenum. A SSG and a lighter hammer will go a long way too.

Last edited:
Why not also reduce the plenum volume with a spacer? You probably need only around 1/3 of original volume, 5-10cc max. Not sure how much volume you have left from the plug but you need some plenum volume. Difference between 1000 and 1000x is really just the volume of the plenum. A SSG and a lighter hammer will go a long way too.
The block also has a much bigger valve chamber also, more than enough volume to achieve 12fpe.
I made the bung to be an exact fit into to block so it doesn’t rattle around, there is a 1mm bleed hole trough the bung to allow reg pressure through to valve.

Bb

Reactions: qball
Wasn’t aware the blanking plug screw can also be screwed into the reg for testing reg pressure without bottle.
Yes, saves screwing the bottle on and off while setting up reg/ testing. If you have a Rapid that doesn’t have a q/f and gauge fitted, you can screw in a 1/4”bsp quick fill nipple directly into the front of the reg to achieve the same thing👍

29267D04-1EB9-42D9-87C8-F9D4B9FC3A8F.jpeg

Reactions: mubhaur
Yes, saves screwing the bottle on and off while setting up reg/ testing. If you have a Rapid that doesn’t have a q/f and gauge fitted, you can screw in a 1/4”bsp quick fill nipple directly into the front of the reg to achieve the same thing👍

View attachment 441807
Wow you learn something every day .. I have an hm1000x but serial number HM