Opticsplanet?

I'v bought a few scopes from them that showed in stock. Got them with no problems. I ordered a Vector Veyron on 3/14 that showed a ship date of 7-16 days? I have been checking & the ship date has now gone from 3/30 to 4/5,4/6,4/7 & now 4/10!! Are they one of those companies that just keep pushing the ship date back further? I don't mind waiting but i don't like being strung along.

I'v bought a few scopes from them that showed in stock. Got them with no problems. I ordered a Vector Veyron on 3/14 that showed a ship date of 7-16 days? I have been checking & the ship date has now gone from 3/30 to 4/5,4/6,4/7 & now 4/10!! Are they one of those companies that just keep pushing the ship date back further? I don't mind waiting but i don't like being strung along.
@pat585
Can’t say that I’ve had that issue with them. In my experience, items usually arrive within the specified time frame. I have seen them make typos in various areas. Have you contacted customer service to inquire about it?

Only buy from optics planet if the item shows as in stock ready to ship. Otherwise it is likely you will play this delay game which could go on for weeks then months. Just my experience. Just another example of a company happy to take your money for things they don’t have. Good luck to you.
You are not charged until the item ships, they are not trying to take your money.

Yes, opticswarehouse has in stock, but they want your tax id number/social security number for orders outside UK…
Not so sure about that, just checked my account information, space for Tax ID and VAT (Value Added Tax) is blank. They don't have my Social Security Number. If they request SS, Tax ID or VAT during purchasing just keep hitting NEXT button, or CONTINUE, until purchase goes through, think that's what I did. Might be something new, my last purchase was January 12th. WM

Last edited:
My cc has had the optics planet charge in the pending area for 2 wks now. Today it was gone, so as long as i'm not being charged until it ships, i can wait. Their site now shows delivery expected in 3-6 months. I called yesterday & they told me they are at the mercy of the manufacture. I understand that, just as the factories are at the mercy of their suppliers. I also checked Optics Warehouse when i first was looking for this scope, but my cc was hacked twice last year so i am very careful now about any personal info i give out online!

My cc has had the optics planet charge in the pending area for 2 wks now. Today it was gone, so as long as i'm not being charged until it ships, i can wait. Their site now shows delivery expected in 3-6 months. I called yesterday & they told me they are at the mercy of the manufacture. I understand that, just as the factories are at the mercy of their suppliers. I also checked Optics Warehouse when i first was looking for this scope, but my cc was hacked twice last year so i am very careful now about any personal info i give out online!
During a visit to the Optics Warehouse website yesterday, all Vector Veyrons are in stock, with lower prices than I paid in January. Only shipping delay ever was during recent Royal Mail strike, after item left UK, got here quick. I can't recommend them enough, visit, check out scopes, go ahead with purchase, if anything seems too personal, walk away. Of course, you can always wait 3-6 months for that Vector Veyron, but that doesn't sound like much fun. WM

Never had a problem with them. Have a few things on the way myself.
But they don't stock...everything. Occasionally they have items drop shipped from the manufacturer or a warehouse. Understand, that they are at the mercy of the given warehouse to get their items. If the given warehouse gives them bad information...well, you know the saying...poo rolls down hill !

Mike

Same here, I was told a few weeks ago that 5 were coming in and one was mine. According to the guy, I should have gotten it 3 weeks ago.

Yes, they are absolutely one of those companies. I purchased a scope and Wicked Light predator light on the same day. The scope was in stock but they said they were waiting on their vendor for the predator light. They kept pushing back my ship date until the scope I picked sold out and the Wicked light never did update. I got refunded but what a crock. I could have ordered anywhere else along the way but they kept promising results. What a waste of time. I do not recommend Optics Planet if all items in your cart aren't in stock and shipped within 48 hrs