• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Optics recommendation

@SoCalRayJr I run a Vector Veyron 3-12x44mm on my Prod. For an M-Rod you’d probably be better off with the Athlon. I haven’t used one personally, but similar to @ToddGeddes63 ‘s report, they are highly regarded and recommended in AGN threads. I’ve read they are a good “bang for your buck” scope. If you find one in your price range then it probably worth considering.

Are there any particular features that you require or ar seeking in a rifle scope? Do you like to use holdover/windage marks or dial-in your turrets? What sort of shooting do you intend to do? Are you a hunter, plinker, pester, etc? How far out (at what distance) do you intend to shoot your Marauder?

Thank you very much for all the suggestions. I do have to admit I am brand new to PCP air rifles, but I have been shooting for a fairly long time and I shoot a fair amount of long range...1000yard. I am looking at the PCP air rifle as a trainer that I could shoot in my backyard. I will be looking at the athlon optics, as most the optics on my long range rifles are from vortex and that's a little more than I want to spend on an air rifle.
Thanks for all the great information, I will take all of it into consideration.

So you said you’re looking around the $300 range… The SWFA SS fixed power scopes are on an AMAZING sale right now… I just picked up a 12x SS for $219 for my Air Arms TX200….. DUDE!!!!!!!!! This thing is dead on and you can dial the sh** out of it and it tracks PERFECTLY!!!! I’ve already put about 1000 pellets through it and using the StrelokPro App on my iphone, I’m DEAD ON at dialing 25-80 yards hitting 1.5” resettable targets… I put a can out at 74 yards, and told my wife to dial 3.4 mils (I taught her to dial) and she smacks it every time. This thing is basically unbeatable for the money.

I got a 1 piece HOP40C Sportsmatch mount from Airguns of Arizona which are perfect for a springer, but you could run the HTO36C rings and be perfect😎

Last edited:
Reactions: C No 7 Mk 1
Well looks like the optic part took care of it's self. I had a Simmons Protarget 3-12x40 Riflescope in my safe.
IMG_20221123_183125710_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
Well looks like the optic part took care of it's self. I had a Simmons Protarget 3-12x40 Riflescope in my safe.
View attachment 308237
@SoCalRayJr
Saw your post after I thought "Just take some of his scopes off a PB and test it out on the Marauder" and see what you like at the range you want to shoot. No harm, No foul, No cost. Boom!!! 👊 Done.
Keep us posted!

Patrick

Reactions: SoCalRayJr