• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Optics Planet taking a week to process and get ready to ship!

3wks? That sucks. I get it was a Holiday Sale and every other excuse going around these days. However, a company should advise of delays, period. And should delays be extended, they should offer the option of canceling or discount. OP has a great selection, the price was competitive, I’ll give them credit where due. To be fair, upon looking at tracking, my order was placed on the 5th, between OP and DHL, it’s finally at the DHL eCommerce facility, so it appears to be moving, just slowly.

I’ve shopped with Optics Planet and bought several items. My primary issue with them has been going behind them to get them to correct their tax rate. They like to charge me close to 8% sales tax when the sales tax rate where I live is 6.25%. They aren’t the only online retailer with this problem. At least Opitcs Planet refunds my money upon request, but if I don’t ask I don’t get refunded for the overages. I’ve dealt with other sites selling various product that simply won’t refund money for overtaxation. I’ve returned and exchanged products to Optics Planet without issue. They will generally post the estimated shipping time on the product page (see photo for location of estimated shipping time which can vary from product to product and model to model). My orders usually come earlier than expected. I’ve dealt with a not-so-bright customer service rep once or twice, but they have been pretty decent people overall. In my experience it has helped to call when I encountered issues. No serious issues with their subsidiary company either aside from the tax rate.
479413AF-B9E3-4227-8A07-8FD421A9AE70.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Gr8Recreation
I have done a fair amount business with scopelist.com. Go to their site but don’t order the scope or product you want, call them. The price over the phone has always been less than their online price. Don’t know why but that’s how they work.
It’s most likely the scope manufacture has a MAP (minimum advertised price) policy. Some of the manufacturers are very strict with this and will stop selling to repeat offenders. I know Cameraland has to get permission to run sales on certain brands. It’s best to always call most scope retailers to make sure you‘re receiving the best deal possible.

So, bottom line and to set expectations… Called and spoke with Cust. Service. Their process for shipping sounded like hand to DHL, then hand to USPS. Both items were stock. When you choose value shipping, it could take 10 business days-not great, not the worst thing. Just keep that in mind if and when ordering from OP in the future. I’ll close this when it arrives.