• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Optics Planet selling used scopes as new

I purchased a Vector Optics scope from Optics Planet. Upon inspection it was obvious that it had been used. The slot to remove the turret caps had been removed by something metal that left deep scaring.

I sent them an email but have heard nothing yet.

I understand that a $350 scope isn't a big deal to be upset about but a ostensibly trusted vendor selling used product is.

I usually but high end equipment and when I do again it wont be from Optics Planet.

I purchased a Vector Optics scope from Optics Planet. Upon inspection it was obvious that it had been used. The slot to remove the turret caps had been removed by something metal that left deep scaring.

I sent them an email but have heard nothing yet.

I understand that a $350 scope isn't a big deal to be upset about but a ostensibly trusted vendor selling used product is.

I usually but high end equipment and when I do again it wont be from Optics Planet.

Which scope exactly was this Vector?

BTW I return scopes in pristine condition.

No indication of use at all... Easily pass for brand new...

I ordered a scope from Cabelas and had the same thing happen. I could see where scope rings were on it. They took care of it no problem. They should know that people are greasy liars and check stuff when it’s returned. I also bought a heavily used Dewalt impact driver at Lowe’s. The people behind me were laughing when the customer service lady opened the box to look at it. That turd perfectly sealed the box when he swapped out his piece of junk for the new one and returned it. People are great nowadays. 

I ordered a scope from Cabelas and had the same thing happen. I could see where scope rings were on it. They took care of it no problem. They should know that people are greasy liars and check stuff when it’s returned. I also bought a heavily used Dewalt impact driver at Lowe’s. The people behind me were laughing when the customer service lady opened the box to look at it. That turd perfectly sealed the box when he swapped out his piece of junk for the new one and returned it. People are great nowadays.

RE: LOWE'S Dewalt Impact driver- The Bible states thou shall not steal. However it did not state thou shalt not SWAP...