Optics for the hw44

So I sway a lot for optics for the hw44 in .22. I’m using hades with good results, hunting with a air pistol is quite challenging, but the hw44 makes it doable. I’ve flip flopped between red dots, scopes, pistol scopes, and now finally, leupold vx freedom efr. The hw44 is too accurate to not use a scope. Any other suggestions? 
12D3A1FC-386D-446C-9E15-AEE3569AB6BF.1625255726.jpeg

I feel the same way about the accuracy of this pistol. Leupold makes some nice scopes and they are usually lighter than most around so you made a good choice for sure.

So, like you I messed around with the open sights, then a red dot and later a little Hawke 2x7x32 but finally went with Discovery 3x12x44 VT3 scope as I had one not being used. The Discovery has a pretty decent reticle, with lots of hash marks to help with ranging, it is a bit heavy though. I may end up going back to the Hawke as it weighs less.

Accurate for sure five shots at 50 yards don't remember if it was with the Hades or JSB 15.89gr though.

Great shooting at 50 yds biohazardman! I like the size of the discovery scope. I have tried to only buy firearm type scopes with good parallax, vortex, leupold, swfa, I have one hawke scope, and I wasn’t very impressed with it. Yep,retired the red dot, love the size and speed, but the hw44 deserves more magnification. I’m using a Bog pod tripod and hades with great effect from a window.love the pistol.

Reactions: mb94952
Burris 2-7x32 is a very good pistol scope with a great eye box. I usually run a red dot for quick target acquisition. I use the scope when I want to reach out and touch something 50 yards or more.

The parallax being fixed at 100 yards make this scope a no go for me. I have a Simmons 2x6x32, that has the parallax set at 50 yards, and I have to put it on high magnification to achieve a ghost ring to help center my aim. (@25 yards) it is a pain as I only get the ghost ring at full arm extention. The ghost ring is a necessary if you're going for one hole groups.

The parallax being fixed at 100 yards make this scope a no go for me. I have a Simmons 2x6x32, that has the parallax set at 50 yards, and I have to put it on high magnification to achieve a ghost ring to help center my aim. (@25 yards) it is a pain as I only get the ghost ring at full arm extention. The ghost ring is a necessary if you're going for one hole groups.
This is the only pistol scope I could find with variable magnification, a "mil dot" reticle and a long eye box. I have had no issues with a fixed parallax. Can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need. It is a great scope when I want to shoot long range with the HW44. The eyebox at 4x is perfect.

Reactions: .20calguy
I'd argue you don't need a ghost ring. You can tell if you're centered without that. But for absolute precision you would need adjustable parallax or only shoot at whatever range the parallax is set to. Fixed parallax scopes for me are capable of such good accuracy (when used with good technique) I don't see a point in replacing them. But if you're competing, then sure.

Reactions: maxtrouble
I'd argue you don't need a ghost ring. You can tell if you're centered without that. But for absolute precision you would need adjustable parallax or only shoot at whatever range the parallax is set to. Fixed parallax scopes for me are capable of such good accuracy (when used with good technique) I don't see a point in replacing them. But if you're competing, then sure.
I'm curious!
How do you know you're centered (parallax free) at 45 yards when your scopes parallax is set at 100 yards? Without using a ghost ring?

This is the only pistol scope I could find with variable magnification, a "mil dot" reticle and a long eye box. I have had no issues with a fixed parallax. Can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need. It is a great scope when I want to shoot long range with the HW44. The eyebox at 4x is perfect.
Having incorrect parallax doesn't necessarily mean misses, it would likely open up your groups though, and reduce precision. A ghost ring that appears when you pull back to the end of your eyebox will allow you to center your reticle parallax free, like shooting through a peep sight.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas