• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Optic warranty repair times?

I have had pretty good luck with Sightron Big Sky scopes I have three of them and they have been good scopes. Recently one of them wouldn’t hold zero. I sent it in a few weeks ago. Since they no longer make the Big Sky Line I wondered what they would say. I waited tell they had it two weeks and called to ask if it could be fixed. The very polite lady told me it hadn’t been looked at ye and their repairs can take between 6-13 weeks. Does that seem a long wait? I haven’t sent any brand in for about ten years. I am not really even complaining just asking.

I have had pretty good luck with Sightron Big Sky scopes I have three of them and they have been good scopes. Recently one of them wouldn’t hold zero. I sent it in a few weeks ago. Since they no longer make the Big Sky Line I wondered what they would say. I waited tell they had it two weeks and called to ask if it could be fixed. The very polite lady told me it hadn’t been looked at ye and their repairs can take between 6-13 weeks. Does that seem a long wait? I haven’t sent any brand in for about ten years. I am not really even complaining just asking.

Likely sucking their thumbs on THIS one since its JAPAN MADE and smack in between the Filipino SII and Japanese SIII series.

If they give you an SII you are being downgraded.

If they send you a Filipino S TAC you are being downgraded even if the equity on the S TAC is higher and you WILL see the difference in glass quality.

I'd ask them to FIX your Big Sky or send you a close focus JAPANESE MADE replacement.

(LOUD CHANTING) S3 S3 S3 S3 S3 S3...

FOR REFERENCE-

https://riflescope-review.com/sightron-sii-big-sky-scope-review/

Note the JAPAN MADE Big Sky uses SIII technologies in glass coatings and very possible even the glass that's worth mentioning to Sightron's WARRANTY PEOPLES OVER THERE.

Heck they even half priced their JAPAN MADE SIIIs recently. Also worth MENTIONING to YOUR SIGHTRON WARRANTY peoples.

Had many issues in past years from the repair centers of most popular scope makers. Then I learned my lesson an bought nothing but Burris and Leopold. Returns for repair have been few and far between, mostly for upgrades, not repairs! The longest time has been two weeks with most within 10 days. Once again, you get what you pay for...if it takes 4-6 weeks, then they have an awful lot of repairs to make which does not speak highly for that mgr.....at least in my opinion

I was surprised when I was told the time it would take. I can still shoot my rifle so it's not a big deal. I do like the Sightron Big Sky scopes so I hope they can repair it. They have been reliable scopes for me, good glass and track spot on every time. I have several Leupolds but don't care for the reticles on the EFR. I had the custom shop put in a reticle that I thought I would like but it was too busy for my liking so I sold it here. It's easy to get too much money in one if you have the custom shop change things. It's too bad I have had several changed years ago for silhouette shooting and they did a great job. I have a few Burris but they won't focus low enough for my airgun use. I will Let you all know what happens.

thanks

Not sure what Burris offers now, but back in my day as a competitor, my 8-32x44 Burris was a great scope and the custom shop installed a custom reticle for me. Used that scope for years with no issues, same with Leopold, at that time the custom shop was reasonably priced and their work was excellent. Haven't had one worked on in almost 10 years so not sure how things are today

POI and holding zero repairs are extremely difficult to get repaired or even evaluate. Probably 95% are on the user end with vertical or horizontal settings too close to max being the overwhelming one. Then come rings, base, shims, overtightening ring screws, wind and a host of barrel or ammo problems. Always mount the scope on another gun with different rings/ammo to duplicate the problem before sending a scope in.

Few, if any, manufcturers will do a physical examination, mount the scope, go out to a range, shoot the gun, waste ammo costs, evaluate zero shifts... then repair what they think is the problem, then shoot all over again to confirm fixed. Usually they will do their normal physical examination looking for obvious physical damage then send it back to you saying they could not find anything wrong. They assume it is on your end which is generally correct. They hope when you remount it the problem was on your end. It would cost you a lot of money to replace a Big Sky scope in this market.