Optic recommendations for leshiy2

I have also two - interchangeable scopes on my L2.
Nikko 12x36-60 and vicoptics LPVO 1-6 (Edgunwest).
But for anything shorter then 7-8 meters (pesting) I am using a green laser, which is permanently mounted on top rail in front of scopes.

I know next to nothing about lasers. Is yours daylight visible? What product do you have?

I'm thinking about mounting one on a gooseneck rail under a Leshiy Classic and simply stop worrying about close range hold over.

March allows you to return your scope to have the reticle changed, I've heard only for the cost of shipping. I wouldn't be shocked if they would craft a new reticle for you. You might want to contact them to ask. I'm fine with my reticle. I go to Japan often so I might try to stop by their factory on a future visit to ask them a bunch of questions.

The plus side to the depth of field "problem" on the March scopes is you can use it as a rough rangefinder.

I'm not that unhappy with my reticle on the March. It would be a useable target or hunting reticle. I think if I decided I could live with the unforgiving depth of field I'd just sell it and get the Shorty with the Xmas tree reticle.

It's the reticle on my Styrka that I'm not crazy about. I know some people use duplex reticles for hold overs and even ranging but I don't think that's a skill I'm going to teach myself at this point in life.

I found a nice laser on ebay where you can adjust the beam width. Makes for a great aiming schema. You start with the laser really wide, shooting at night. The reflection off the backside of the pellet is so bright, you see where it left the beam (when you shoot).

From there, you adjust the laser up/down and left/right so that the pellet stays in the beam for a longer time, until you can't see which side of the beam it departed from. Then you narrow the beam, and repeat the cycle.

Anything 5m to 25m, it works really well for.

I have this green laser from amazon. Works great, the battery is rechargeable you connect a magnet cable to a contact no need to remove from the rail. It has a low profile and can fit below the scope bell.
green laser.JPG

I tried several times @ 50 paper rings during daylight you can see the projected beam, and clearly visible up on the three between branches and leaves for tracking the game.

Reactions: Scouty
I found a nice laser on ebay where you can adjust the beam width. Makes for a great aiming schema. You start with the laser really wide, shooting at night. The reflection off the backside of the pellet is so bright, you see where it left the beam (when you shoot).

From there, you adjust the laser up/down and left/right so that the pellet stays in the beam for a longer time, until you can't see which side of the beam it departed from. Then you narrow the beam, and repeat the cycle.

Anything 5m to 25m, it works really well for.
Link pls?

LOOK AT THE ATIBAIL 1-10 AND THE HAVE A 1-8 both come in FFP and SFP there not vortex /nightforce quality buy there good I have the 1-10 on a 13.5 AR10 in 308 and its never lost zero and I have about 600rds on that setup I also have a 1-10 on a ar15 in 5.56 with close to 2k rds and its also a solid scope the ar15 is a range / Pdog rifle https://atibal-optics.com/collections/scopes and they both give a mill discount

This would be nice, except for the price! ~ $2500.00 USD at Optics Planet!
I like the fact that it has parallax adjustment and the reticle is both FFP and SFP.

Heh, I was just about to post that video.

Yes, the dual reticles are nice. Probably this is something that hasn't been "made a big deal of".

I think the main criticism of this scope is that it's "effectively" FFP, and the eyebox can get really tight on the higher magnification scales. Otherwise it's everything you could hope it to be.

Maybe a bit late to answer but just saw this post. I’ve been off site awhile. I bought a Riton 2-7x35 I think it was. Didn’t break the bank at $180 if I recall. Glass is great and I’ve no complaints of it the price point it falls into. I use it instead of my Delta Hornet 3x prismatic optic primarily because the Hornet doesn’t allow for Pard 007a to mount to it. I really like the Riton optic.

Heh, I was just about to post that video.

Yes, the dual reticles are nice. Probably this is something that hasn't been "made a big deal of".

I think the main criticism of this scope is that it's "effectively" FFP, and the eyebox can get really tight on the higher magnification scales. Otherwise it's everything you could hope it to be.
Also doesn’t fit in standard mounts, and I think capped turrets would be preferable. That’s all I got :D

The new crop of MPVO or medium power variable optics are all the new rage, not many airgunner use 1X and 1x is hard to make or cost more.

This 2-12 from swampfox looks pretty good: