Optic recommendations for leshiy2

Hello looking for a budget friendly 1-10 or 1-6 maybe even just 1-4/4x???
I like to do rapid fire, pull up and shoot kinda thing no bench shooting long distances so I would almost like just a red dot but for some cases shoot 100yards out just fine.. looking for something with great lens quality and something I don’t always have to adjust focus on.
What you guys rockin? Don’t really want to spend over 600 and would like to spend around 300

I did see a demo version at Optics Planet... but still not near $600 - only a couple hundred off. I have the March on my Leshiy and I LOVE it - it is light and amazing. Also think about the ScalarWorks Leap/02 for the mount - heard about the mount from Brian at EdGun West and decided to give it a try - it has been awesome and very light. Perfect compliment for the light March scope. I usually like lots of magnification but took my Leshiy to the range and the March was great at 50 yards

Reactions: crazyaust
I tried the Vector Optics Veryon 4-16x44ffp.
F8872D35-17C4-4BD7-94AC-B635B7938D4E.jpeg

Hello if you can live with a 3x or 5x why not try a good red dot(with a 2 moa dot or Eotech with a 1 moa dot) and a good 3 or 5 x magnifier with a QD or side folding mount. If you go that way, provided the red dot is NV compatible you could alway add a pvs14 type NV at a later time. Well just another way to go, good luck in your optic search I too like the March but just can not justify the purchase, for that price I'm 1/2 way there to good clip on thermal. Hope this helps Eric.

i have a swampfox 1-10x on mine, and it works pretty well for both eyes open plinking like a red dot.
the problem you might have is the fixed parallax. you'd want something else for shooting magnified and up close.
for a little less, i also have a burris rt-6 and at that price point, it works well (on a 10/22 takedown). still has fixed parallax though...

carslingCapture.JPG

To OP
I have a bunch of scopes, and many times I am swaping them on the same L2 gun.
LPVO for short distances 30 M and below,
then I have for 60 M and below,
then for 100 M and above,
couple red dots and green dots.
And these doesn't really mix. I am not saying you cannot shoot 50 or 100 with a LPVO, but ... you cannot see the POI.
I can see the green dot projecting to 50 during daylight, is it accurate? I call that - no. But I can see that greendot for quick chasing squirrels up between branches.
I think you asking too much and need to make up your mind, and eventually pull the valet for a first step.

i have a swampfox 1-10x on mine, and it works pretty well for both eyes open plinking like a red dot.
the problem you might have is the fixed parallax. you'd want something else for shooting magnified and up close.
for a little less, i also have a burris rt-6 and at that price point, it works well (on a 10/22 takedown). still has fixed parallax though...

View attachment 282218
Can you explain more into fixed parallax? Might be what I’m interested in. I need high quality glass often using at night or fast moving targets? I like the idea of 1x red dot. But also having the power just to see a little more out there but not enough to be changing “focus” or parallax. that’s what I assume it means I think a 1-6 or 1-10 would be great for my use

To OP
I have a bunch of scopes, and many times I am swaping them on the same L2 gun.
LPVO for short distances 30 M and below,
then I have for 60 M and below,
then for 100 M and above,
couple red dots and green dots.
And these doesn't really mix. I am not saying you cannot shoot 50 or 100 with a LPVO, but ... you cannot see the POI.
I can see the green dot projecting to 50 during daylight, is it accurate? I call that - no. But I can see that greendot for quick chasing squirrels up between branches.
I think you asking too much and need to make up your mind, and eventually pull the valet for a first step.
Like I stated I don’t do any long range bench shooting if anything taking a bird from 100+yards on a rare occasion but usually within 30m. I’ve been doing a lot of watching edgun Leshiy videos on YT and I’m loving the march optics 1-10 but never had the balls to buy a optic that expensive. I’ve only had replicas really pretty much have a airsoft sniper scope that I bought on eBay from some guy saying it was on his .308 and I have crappy glass and Mildots 3-12x it’s something like that. yuck.. need to upgrade m8, cheers

Hello if you can live with a 3x or 5x why not try a good red dot(with a 2 moa dot or Eotech with a 1 moa dot) and a good 3 or 5 x magnifier with a QD or side folding mount. If you go that way, provided the red dot is NV compatible you could alway add a pvs14 type NV at a later time. Well just another way to go, good luck in your optic search I too like the March but just can not justify the purchase, for that price I'm 1/2 way there to good clip on thermal. Hope this helps Eric.
I’ve tried a few different red dots. I like them allt during the day and just out wasting lead shooting soda cans and what not but my practical use often being at night I can’t really use them affectively, trying to get that perfect shot placement for skunks,coyotes so my ideal optic would probably be a 1-6 type 👌🏻

5DB24224-9D40-49F9-93AC-E70A4268606C.jpeg

Can’t believe no one has mentioned the Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 in 2-12 yet. This set up is usually under $400 used and is fantastic on airgun/rifles like the leshiy 2. Has an amazing reticle, focus down to 2 power, 10 yard accurate parallax, fairly light, great eye relief, great glass and great turrets. If one didn’t want to spend a lot on a 1-6 type scope, this is a very good known in quality and fit scope for the leshiy 2 shooting design and purpose.

Can you explain more into fixed parallax? Might be what I’m interested in. I need high quality glass often using at night or fast moving targets? I like the idea of 1x red dot. But also having the power just to see a little more out there but not enough to be changing “focus” or parallax. that’s what I assume it means I think a 1-6 or 1-10 would be great for my use
fixed parallax is quick, but can introduce some poa/poi shift as well as not being focused if the object is too close.
again not an issue until you start using magnification.

this explains better than i can.

I currently run 2 different optics on my L2. I run a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20X50 for longer distances and an Aimpoint T1 Micro red dot for up close shots which is the majority of where I do my shooting with the L2. Both are mounted with LaRue QD mounts for return to zero when I switch off between the 2. Ideally, I might get an offset mount to run both at the same time but I'm okay for now.

The March 1-10X would be ideal due to the 10 yard adjustable parallax if you have the coin. Most LPVOs' (except for March) don't have adjustable side focus/parallax and are fixed. The only other LPVO that I know of that has adjustable side focus from 10 yards to infinity is the Athlon Helos BTR 1-4.5×24 which is a SFP with MOA reticle and donut of death.

Just checked Cameraland NY and it runs for around $430. It might be worth a look. I don't have any experience with it and I'm not sure if the illumination is daylight bright. A little negative is that the weight is a little on the heavy side compared to other LVPOs' in its class or with higher magnification. It's hard to have it all sometimes. I do have the Helos BTR Gen2 2-12×42 which is a pretty good optic and I would say that the illumination is usable during the day time.

Here's some pics of the Athlon Helos BTR 1-4.5×24...

SmartSelect_20220817-145609_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220817-145641_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220817-145706_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
The March 1-10X would be ideal due to the 10 yard adjustable parallax if you have the coin. Most LPVOs' (except for March) don't have adjustable side focus/parallax and are fixed. The only other LPVO that I know of that has adjustable side focus from 10 yards to infinity is the Athlon Helos BTR 1-4.5×24 which is a SFP with MOA reticle and donut of death.

White Oak Armament, March and of course the Athlon you posted all make a 1-4.5x service rifle scope with side focus. Then of course March makes a 1-8x24 and two 1-10x24s with side focus.

There is also the discontinued Styrka 1-6x24 with side focus. I picked up a couple of them when they were on sale. Last I checked the remaining stock was priced a bit higher. Maybe around $300 for the illuminated model. Do note that these only have a duplex reticle so they are not ideal for close fast target acquisition nor are they good for holdovers. And the turrets are capped and not great for dialing range regardless.

I'm strongly considering an L2 and I don't think the Styrka scopes will end up on it. I just would not like the duplex for close up plinking. Would much prefer a horseshoe or donut reticle for how I imagine myself using an L2.

I have one of the March 1-10's. It is the compact, not the Shorty. It's an amazing scope but the depth of field is very unforgiving. It seems to require an extra moment to dial in the focus and things seem very out of focus unless you get it right, even at low power. My Styrka, on the other hand, has a very forgiving depth of field.

But before anyone takes my word as gospel I should note that I have been all but officially diagnosed with a mild case of paroxysmal oscillopsia so my vision changes frequently and I might just have more issues with an unforgiving depth of field compared to others. My experience with any given scope is probably very different from others.

I have one of the March 1-10's. It is the compact, not the Shorty. It's an amazing scope but the depth of field is very unforgiving. It seems to require an extra moment to dial in the focus and things seem very out of focus unless you get it right, even at low power. My Styrka, on the other hand, has a very forgiving depth of field.

March allows you to return your scope to have the reticle changed, I've heard only for the cost of shipping. I wouldn't be shocked if they would craft a new reticle for you. You might want to contact them to ask. I'm fine with my reticle. I go to Japan often so I might try to stop by their factory on a future visit to ask them a bunch of questions.

The plus side to the depth of field "problem" on the March scopes is you can use it as a rough rangefinder.