• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

optic for gamo magnum replay 10 gen 2

Hello everybody!
This is my first airgun and after 4 months of practice and reading articles, I have to admit that although it is still a value for money choice, if I could go back in time I would prefer something more reliable for it's accuracy.
Anyway, I' m thinking about mounting a scope to improve accuracy in 50-60 yards. Generally It is known as a very powerfull and lightweight gun and needs anti-recoil mount.
So far, i have seen three options: 1)Dampa 2)Diana Zero recoil and 3) an old fashion spring technique which I do not know if there is any supplier.
I read a previous post and in conclusion diana's zero recoil system is not efficient for this gun.
I didn't decide yet about the scope but I like Hawke 3-9x40 VANTAGE IR because the cross is glass ethed.
Any help is welcome!
Christos

Are UTG scopes generaly considered to be more resistant to shocks ? For example I saw
https://milidonis.gr/utg-3-9x32-1-bugbuster-scope-ao-36color-mil-dot-rings
What does droop comp mount mean? Is it possible to sent me a photo or a link for that? Is it a ststem that absorb recoil?
Thank you anyway for your time !

I can tell you my Gamo Mag 33mm Piston has trashed a handful of scopes, including a couple popular name brand scopes. I would only recommend a fixed power SWFA SS for a heavy hitting break barrel. This came to me at the recommendation of a couple fellow forum members who had experienced similar trouble breaking scopes. Literally every scope made today that is "springer rated" is limited to the normal 12fpe. Of the very few manufacturers that will claim to be "springer rated", they well also tell you a magnum springer will void your warranty. Other than that I would make sure to get a scope with an excellent warranty history (Athlon, Vortex, Etc.) and one that has an etched reticle instead of the more fragile wire.

Does zero recoil mount causing trouble keeping zero?
I dont have any complaints. I did take the slop out of it by pre-loading the slides w/nylon screws... There was a video on Youtube by Walnut & Steel that compared loose vs tightened-up mounts & if I remember correctly, there was little or no difference. I was plinking targets @50yds earlier today W/Hawke scope on a Chinese Zero Recoil mount from Amazon.