Opossum down with 12fpe

Some of you that may follow some of my hunting adventures know I have a backyard rat issue. Most of these issues are from my citrus trees and the fact my neighbors have chickens. Few days ago I was talking with my neighbor about the rats and he had mentioned that the Opossums had been stealing eggs and chewing through the backside of the chicken house. Guess he has seen them a few times in the past few weeks. Last night my dig donger went off around 4:00am, went out where I had the Atomic XR setup. Sat and scanned the inside of the storage that's adjacent to the chicken house, saw nothing. Decided to wait a few minutes and look who decided to wander in....good ol Mr. Opossum. At first I thought it was some kind of mutant sewer rat...haha 😂 Well, he got served an 18gr JSB right to the dome and was out like a light...not even a twitch. The Atomic did a nice, clean, quiet and ethical job. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't go after them but in this case they have become a nuisance.
1659370466181_Snapshot_19.png

IMG_20220801_173201.jpg

I know that those two animals were insulted that they were killed with 12 FPE weapons. Especially the raccoon that was killed with a .177. Everyone know you must kill with at least 40 FPE, .25 caliber from an FX rifle. It is even better if you use a .30 cal slug. LMAO Great shooting and with just enough power to take them out. Just shows what 12 FPE .177 is capable of. Keep up the great work.

Nice shooting. That Brocock is one sexy gun with that desert tan trim.
Good to see someone on here killing possums. There is a common protazoa that lives in possum feces that causes the death of horses. The effects are similar to mad cow disease. Unless a customer insists on turning possums loose on their own property, none get a pass around here.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon