• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Opinions *~*~*~ Please! .25 Cal Most accurate, Powerful, Light weight PCP!

Get the Hatsan Hercules Bully in 25. I think that’s all you’ll need. Check out the specs. No need to ask anyone for their own experiences. Just watch the YouTube vids.

These treads you’re starting, all look very familiar, btw, till I saw the date stamp, and noticed the other folks that originally assisted you weren’t on here.Seems like you’ve asked these before in other treads. It was on the impact, the maverick, the wildcat, compact vs long, light vs heavy, yup, seen them all before. Not trying to sound like an a$$, but what folks are starting to notice is when they do offer you assistance, you keep countering, which tells us you’ve done your research, but now you want us to make the decision for you. 

I said it earlier in one of your treads- think long, think wrong. That’s what’s happening, exactly. Make a decision, you been given plenty great advice already from awesome folks on here. No need to start the same tread but use different words in the title.

Dont take anything I’ve said wrong, as I’m looking ahead for you, in the future. The three guns you’re targeting, are not entry level guns. You’re gonna need to ask the “hey, guys, what do I do with these buttons and knobs?”, and what’s going to happen is no one will assist, as they will feel like you’re gonna counter them anyway. Save all the questions for when you really need to ask them, and don’t burn anyone out so early along the way. Like I mentioned up above, you’ve already been given sound advice on which platform to throw your money at. Save the rest of your questions for tech support.

Bigragu:

*TOTALLY DISAGREE:.......your short sited IMO, foolish approach!.........i.e. " I said it earlier in one of your treads- think long, think wrong. ".... In my opinion, Think Long to avoid being a possible $2000.00+ Ding Dong!

Donald, your response perfectly illustrates the intent of Augie's post. You're not going to find a nicer, more helpful or more respected guy on these forums than Augie; I mean this is a guy that goes way out of his way to help anyone that asks (and has even pulled off incredible acts of generosity for people who didn't ask for them). So if he's taken the time to offer some constructive criticism, maybe there's something behind it? Instead, you basically called him short sighted and foolish.

The beauty of these forums is that they are a great place to gather info, learn and meet some very knowledgeable people. But to get the most out of them, you've got to go about it the right way. In the last couple of months, you've started numerous threads that are very, very similar and/or ask about the same thing. You've started separate threads asking about the Impact Mk II, M3, Wildcat, Maverick and Delta Wolf . . . then several more related threads on what size (600mm vs. compact) and what caliber people think you should get. And do you need TWO separate threads each just to ask what color or what scope rings/height to get for the Impact? I think it would have been much more efficient and effective to consolidate all the above topics into just a couple of main threads and collect all of the responses/info into those larger threads? It would be more helpful to both you and others who later search for this info to have it contained in a couple of informative threads instead of spread out over a couple dozen repetitive threads. It gets to the point where these duplicate threads basically become spam.

Beyond that, I think the more important point Augie made is about how you respond in all of your threads. The theme seems to be that you ask for some very specific things (aka a seemingly impossible rifle that is no more than 7lbs fully dressed, is highly accurate and can shoot both pellets and slugs in a dead straight trajectory at very high velocities but with the shortest barrel possible while also being really quiet!) - and when people reply to offer suggestions, you typically shoot down almost everyone's input for one reason or another. Do this enough and Augie's absolutely right in that people will stop replying when you post yet another similar thread a week later asking the same question you've already asked in previous threads.

Impact:

Wow! so many with the inability to do research but rather risk mistakes and the learning process!............ Oh Well, this is why I am the President of my corporation and you are a worker bee!

OMG...and then there's this. If you're going to look to the forum member for help/advice and then proceed to address them in this way, who's going to want to continue to offer any help?

As to heavy rifles, I dont mind it at all...I'm a short guy but a 10 lb rifle is seemingly not a burden. Now the application of it is another matter. A 10 lb rifle off hand at a squirrel size target at 50 yards is a challenge, while the same 10 lb rifle ( slightly less M1 Garand) off hand at a paper plate or 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper at 100 yards is not too difficult...you welcome the weight due to recoil. However since recoil is not a factor in the pcp world I consider the application of the air rifle 60 percent of the time and if the other variables such as weight, fps, length etc etc are not fully obtainable in a selected rifle, I would consider making sacrifices to obtain my objective in a way in which I foresee its use.

Hey middle of the road approach: Get a hatsan blitz, load 19 .25 pellets in the 8.8 lb rifle and go through the good and bad together, is it super fast, no but 19 pellets in 1.5 seconds, it dont need to be. Is it super accurate...no it doesn't have to be with 19 pellets in 1.5 seconds. Does it need to be super light, not really when your only going to hold it off hand for maybe 3 seconds. The "garden hose" method will adequately compensate for any other deficiency 

Impact:

Wow! so many with the inability to do research but rather risk mistakes and the learning process!............ Oh Well, this is why I am the President of my corporation and you are a worker bee!

OMG...and then there's this. If you're going to look to the forum member for help/advice and then proceed to address them in this way, who's going to want to continue to offer any help?

Wow, just saw this… well, corporate man, you better slip in in Monday’s agenda for your “lesser than you employees” to add on to their workload by learning all about PCP’s so it can be discussed at every mondays meeting, as you just pretty much cut your own throat on this tread

Reactions: JMC0369
I am gonna go out on a limb here, I hope (and maybe foolishly hope) I wont burn all bridges.

No one makes us read all the post's here on AGN, that would indeed be hard work, CheckUr has asked a few questions , sure , some may seem similar, but that's all part of the filler on a forum.

A bit of a heated back and forth is sound, but I would hope (again with the hope) those whom are normally gentlemen, would not become Bitchy, and withhold their Knowledge, otherwise this forum will be all the lesser for it.

Enjoy your Impact compact CheckUrSix.

good luck all.

Bigragu:

So be it, I "cut my throat" However I shall check out with a smile on my face.....Oh and fyi, I am just about finished with this thread as I wish to thank all who chimed in to assist and Never was Any ill feelings my goal but rather simply learn from those with prior experience. I arrived at my conclusion as the M3 COMPACT n' .25 cal for my personal application.

Thanks once more All Ye All!

Bigragu:

So be it, I "cut my throat" However I shall check out with a smile on my face.....Oh and fyi, I am just about finished with this thread as I wish to thank all who chimed in to assist and Never was Any ill feelings my goal but rather simply learn from those with prior experience. I arrived at my conclusion as the M3 COMPACT n' .25 cal for my personal application.

Thanks once more All Ye All!

I suggest you take your well ignored “assistance” and take it to another forum at this point, cause I think after this post, you’ve burned many bridges with those willing to help you. I hope you’re not as big headed in your business dealings as you are speaking to us “worker bee” folk!

Impact:

If you're the president of a corporation, mind naming said corporation? I mean, you went as far as to announce that you're a president, but not as far as naming what of...

The amount of trolling (intent to provoke, via means of oppositional and inflammatory means) you have presented in this thread is crystal clear. Don't go measuring dong's if yours gets hurt when you lose pal.

Vetmx:

Jus' for the record, I NEVER get mad as all communication is shut down and Nutt'n is learned. Rather, highly approachable warm and fuzzY!

Bye the bye, #68 how did you qualify at the meet?

Maybe you didn’t get mad but you sure figured out another way to shut down communication. You have an excellent scope for what you’re wanting to do now go buy a gun for gods sake. And like Thatdarncat eluded to in his post, and if your reading comprehension picked up on it, you may have to make some compromises to achieve your end goal. Namely a little longer barrel, a little more weight or a gun that vibrates like hell because you are pushing it so hard.

Impact:

Agreed. If this "genius" is actually a President of a corporation...that corporation is gonna need some serious help to survive.

And as far as OP being "about done with this thread" might I just say, "Thank God". And might I suggest that he consider stop posting altogether until he learns to play nice with the other kids?

Edit: And now I got a private message from @CheckUrSix whining about how I took things out of context and telling me to never post on any of his threads again. Lol, anyone else have the pleasure of getting a personal message from our great and powerful "President of his own corporation"?

Edit 2: It appears he's blocked me so I can't see his profile/posts anymore. What a snowflake.

Impact:

Agreed. If this "genius" is actually a President of a corporation...that corporation is gonna need some serious help to survive.

And as far as OP being "about done with this thread" might I just say, "Thank God". And might I suggest that he consider stop posting altogether until he learns to play nice with the other kids?

Edit: And now I got a private message from @CheckUrSix whining about how I took things out of context and telling me to never post on any of his threads again. Lol, anyone else have the pleasure of getting a personal message from our great and powerful "President of his own corporation"?

Edit 2: It appears he's blocked me so I can't see his profile/posts anymore. What a snowflake.

Don’t feel bad, UCChris, as I actually feel worse for you cause you got lured in with your assistance in the beginning like all of us have. 

Hey, this is my last post on this tread, and I want it made clear that my initial post was to really watch out for CY6’s back, when I made comment about not burning anyone out with senseless BS posts that I sensed irritation amongst folks a long time ago. Who did he irritate? Why, the top guys in their field of the impact platform. The same guys that were on EDOSAN’s million page tread on the workings and tweakin’s on the impact. Yes, the seasoned vets, that one day would possibly offer assistance to CY6 when he asks “ uh, if I set my first reg to 80 bar and the second reg to 150, somethings not working right...help, please?” 

Well, maybe now they won’t help, as he’s upset that group of fellas. Yeah, I hear the comment about I didn’t have to answer on this tread, and everyone is allowed to ask anything on an open forum, but the one thing that bugs me when someone asks for assistance is to only see one post, and one post only, the one coming from the OP asking for help. Crickets. No assistance whatsoever. This is what my intent was, to warn CY6 about this happening to him.

Whats crazy about all of this that has extended into 3 pages of fluff, is that with his last reply it was made clear that he’d already settled on a compact impact M3, probably from one of the six treads he started on this subject early on but are all titled differently. Yes, he’d already settled on the compact version, but why keep asking? 

And CY6, if you’re reading this, please don’t answer “in an effort to help others make a decision for their purchases”, ‘cause I have never, ever, ever, seen anyone on here post an inquiry about a purchase of a gun, in six different ways, and countering every assisted reply back to them. And, being retired, I’m on here a lot, reading, researching for my own needs, so I see a lot of “help me decide” treads. I

And that, is all I have to say about it. Good luck to you, CY6. Hopefully things work out, and you end up truly liking your M3, and tell yourself it was the best decision we all made for you.