• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Opinions *~*~*~ Please! .25 Cal Most accurate, Powerful, Light weight PCP!

Get the Hatsan Hercules Bully in 25. I think that’s all you’ll need. Check out the specs. No need to ask anyone for their own experiences. Just watch the YouTube vids.

These treads you’re starting, all look very familiar, btw, till I saw the date stamp, and noticed the other folks that originally assisted you weren’t on here.Seems like you’ve asked these before in other treads. It was on the impact, the maverick, the wildcat, compact vs long, light vs heavy, yup, seen them all before. Not trying to sound like an a$$, but what folks are starting to notice is when they do offer you assistance, you keep countering, which tells us you’ve done your research, but now you want us to make the decision for you. 

I said it earlier in one of your treads- think long, think wrong. That’s what’s happening, exactly. Make a decision, you been given plenty great advice already from awesome folks on here. No need to start the same tread but use different words in the title.

Dont take anything I’ve said wrong, as I’m looking ahead for you, in the future. The three guns you’re targeting, are not entry level guns. You’re gonna need to ask the “hey, guys, what do I do with these buttons and knobs?”, and what’s going to happen is no one will assist, as they will feel like you’re gonna counter them anyway. Save all the questions for when you really need to ask them, and don’t burn anyone out so early along the way. Like I mentioned up above, you’ve already been given sound advice on which platform to throw your money at. Save the rest of your questions for tech support.

Rti prophet performance is what I have. Has power and is light plus great customer service. My experience is positive. accurate and compact. It doesn’t give me the barrel whip my wildcat mk3 sniper did with heavier moderators on. But I don’t know it’s max power I’m running H&n barracudas at 900

By barrel whip, I’m guessing your poi was changing based on moderator use? This is common of any gun with longer barrels ad heavy mods. I said the wc compact would fit the bill. Not the sniper. On top of that, a cheap carbon sleeve over the liner will fix the poi changes for good. For the $1300 price tag of the gun, $60 for a sleeve will still come out cheaper than the $2k he is willing to spend. In fact. Add some go fast bits, and STILL be under that mark. The rti I wouldn’t consider compact, and the prophet compact just came out, and isn’t tried and true yet.

By barrel whip I mean just that you move your body the barrel moved a lot. This was extracted with a moderator ,super annoying any little motion you would did it would smack against air tube it really needed a barrel band but I’ve seen when a barrel band is on a tube the expansion of the tube from full to empty would shift poi so I didn’t go that route. Best option was don’t move much or shoot with a heavy mo.

I will agree a more ridged sleeve would most likely help. Barrel bands lock things up but I’d in a bad spot there is a chance your gonna chase your poi

Rti prophet performance is what I have. Has power and is light plus great customer service. My experience is positive. accurate and compact. It doesn’t give me the barrel whip my wildcat mk3 sniper did with heavier moderators on. But I don’t know it’s max power I’m running H&n barracudas at 900

By barrel whip, I’m guessing your poi was changing based on moderator use? This is common of any gun with longer barrels ad heavy mods. I said the wc compact would fit the bill. Not the sniper. On top of that, a cheap carbon sleeve over the liner will fix the poi changes for good. For the $1300 price tag of the gun, $60 for a sleeve will still come out cheaper than the $2k he is willing to spend. In fact. Add some go fast bits, and STILL be under that mark. The rti I wouldn’t consider compact, and the prophet compact just came out, and isn’t tried and true yet.

By barrel whip I mean just that you move your body the barrel moved a lot. This was extracted with a moderator ,super annoying any little motion you would did it would smack against air tube it really needed a barrel band but I’ve seen when a barrel band is on a tube the expansion of the tube from full to empty would shift poi so I didn’t go that route. Best option was don’t move much or shoot with a heavy mo.

I will agree a more ridged sleeve would most likely help. Barrel bands lock things up but I’d in a bad spot there is a chance your gonna chase your poi

My wildcat mk2 600mm has none of the issues you speak of. That paired with the fact that it’s mouse fart quiet with the factory chambered fx moderator (which is the lightest option available) then there’s no need for something big hanging off the end with the possibility of changing poi. Not to mention the added weight to the front of the gun with something so big up front. No wonder you’re having poi issues. That being said, the compact wouldn’t have these issue due to shorter barrel which is why I’d advised that route. Unless he’s doing a lot of benchrest, the sniper is pointless for woods walking. My 600mm can be too large sometimes, but now that I have it in the hands of a tuner that works magic on these guns, it is getting lots of go fast bits, and will be pushing close to 70ft lbs of energy when done. This will be more for raccoon up to coyote, and will mostly be used from a benched or prone position. My impact compact is currently my woods walker setup, but it is heavy. If I had unlimited funds, the wc mk3 compact would be my “go to” gun for woods walking and pesting. Probsbly in .22 also. 

Get the Hatsan Hercules Bully in 25. I think that’s all you’ll need. Check out the specs. No need to ask anyone for their own experiences. Just watch the YouTube vids.

These treads you’re starting, all look very familiar, btw, till I saw the date stamp, and noticed the other folks that originally assisted you weren’t on here.Seems like you’ve asked these before in other treads. It was on the impact, the maverick, the wildcat, compact vs long, light vs heavy, yup, seen them all before. Not trying to sound like an a$$, but what folks are starting to notice is when they do offer you assistance, you keep countering, which tells us you’ve done your research, but now you want us to make the decision for you. 

I said it earlier in one of your treads- think long, think wrong. That’s what’s happening, exactly. Make a decision, you been given plenty great advice already from awesome folks on here. No need to start the same tread but use different words in the title.

Dont take anything I’ve said wrong, as I’m looking ahead for you, in the future. The three guns you’re targeting, are not entry level guns. You’re gonna need to ask the “hey, guys, what do I do with these buttons and knobs?”, and what’s going to happen is no one will assist, as they will feel like you’re gonna counter them anyway. Save all the questions for when you really need to ask them, and don’t burn anyone out so early along the way. Like I mentioned up above, you’ve already been given sound advice on which platform to throw your money at. Save the rest of your questions for tech support.

+1

Actually, make that +100...

+1

Actually, make that +100...

Yeah, what they said.

:

Thank you for your analysis and in depth thought .......

Your ending thought: " If I had unlimited funds, the wc mk3 compact would be my “go to” gun for woods walking and pesting. "

I concur however with one change and that will be the caliber......My choice shall be .25 exhibiting Jus' a bit more circumference/impact

Look'n at the weight the M3 Compact comes in at just over 6 lbs.....

Power: Probably the Most Powerful and easiest adjustable Platform

Length: Short @ 25 inches

Accessories: Probably the most aftermarket parts add-ons avail.

*Downside/no blinders: More tech/ O Rings etc. and possible things to go south!

Finally, My pick for the Oscars: *~*~*~ FX M3 COMPACT in .25 Cal... will be my Woods Walker and seems to cover all the bases!

Thanks guys............ 

25 Cal Most accurate, Powerful, Light weight PCP

I have a Gen 1 Impact in .25. Experience says you can have power or accuracy. The two don't necessarily go together. Mine delivers about 50-ish fpe usint the 33.95 JSB and shooting around 830fps. I can crank it up quite a bit but have chosen not to as where it is gives me great accuracy. Ghe Gen2 and Gen3's have more power and from what I can tell, are every bit if not more accurate. It's a good weight, power, accuracy combination.

I will say, Impacts are complex guns. If you want a simple to own, maintain and shoot gun, don't buy an Impact. I like to tinker so I like Impacts.

Vetmx:

I respectfully disagree as to your assessment of a massive 10LBs & hitting the trail. Clearly your opinion of that is what You Require.

As I have now found I can get out of this with a mere 7.5 lbs with a very refined woods / trail gun!....I do Z gym every night and your motor cycle mentality is showing...As for the 22LR the operative word of QUIET, comes in to play as does stalking and stealthy your analysis of going 22 LR is well......

"Happy Trails To You"!

Saltlake58:

You are correct! "Tinker" being your choice of verbiage.

A Ferrari Has Much Better performance, Much more Fun "O" and is Sexy.

A Volkswagon will eventually get you there...it is all about trade off's!

I like you, shall go the FX (in this case M3 route i.e semi Ferrari in the airgun world...as the latter well, how do you spell,

B-O-R-I-N-G?

When an if you ever get your dream gun, and when or if you ever get the accuracy and speed you want with your desired projectile, when all is said and done put the gun on a scale take a pic and post it.

And then the quest for the scope will begin..

Then the age old quest for other guys settings.

YeAh but Wat ammo r u guyise using (*);;"&' N wut speedz?

Orion:

Diff. topic however the Scope issue is no problemo!

Clearly depends on your application i.e. Conditions: In this case short dist. woods / riverbank walking......

OVERKILL is a Mil Dot config...two reasons (A.) WEIGHT (B.) short range/distance, on the fly off hand shooting!

Result a Refined, However simple cross hair with Great Light gathering charismatics for darker forests setting.

Answer. Vintage Leupold 3.5 to 10X 50MM Light weight ***14oz Nice scope with the four points of the cross hair for ele. and wind. all that is required for short range shooting woods walker a bit pricey now @ approx $800.00 however the 3.5 adj great for rabbits on the run and 10X fine for varmint to coyote.