• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Opinions on this? First PCP purchase

I am new to airguns and have posted to this forum only a few times. I am finding that many of the PCP's I'm interested in are on backorder and hard to get. I found this one for sale locally and wonder what a fair price might be. Also, are there any known issues with this gun that I should be aware of? Thanks, Robert

**** BSA R10 SE 22 CAL w/ MTC Viper Pro 5-30. FX No Limits mounts. ****
Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 5.37.21 AM.1602585631.png

Reactions: JimNM
Did you find the gun.... or did the gun find you? That is a lot of gun to get for a "sweet price". Scammers follow the forum like sharks. They wait to find a new guy with money falling out of his pocket, and they will try very hard to steal it all from you.

Don't buy from anyone but a well known forum member - and I mean a VERY WELL KNOWN member, or a store. Don't loose your money to a stupid scam that pushes your pavlovian buttons.

From your post. I see a huge heartbreak in your future. DON'T DO IT!

Great guns (AMAZING barrels, great accuracy, and refined operation)—I have the scorpion which is an unregulated air tube version of the R-10 (basically). Just be careful about the reg as sometimes they can fail or be inconsistent (on the other hand, sometimes if you get lucky they are even better than HUMAs) and if you get a scratching feel on the bolt that means it’s flaking and you have to get it replaced immediately. Great choice and as for the price anything under $800 for the gun only is a fair deal IMO assuming nothing with it is wrong.

AK

Did you find the gun.... or did the gun find you? That is a lot of gun to get for a "sweet price". Scammers follow the forum like sharks. They wait to find a new guy with money falling out of his pocket, and they will try very hard to steal it all from you.

Don't buy from anyone but a well known forum member - and I mean a VERY WELL KNOWN member, or a store. Don't loose your money to a stupid scam that pushes your pavlovian buttons.

The gun is advertised on craigslist. Thanks for the advice on scammers. I know how to deal with them on a very personal level. -Robert

Well by that statement I would need to post here all day long for years. My amount of posts and popularity has no bearing on my integrity. But by your terms I would have no integrity here and not to be trusted. Just because you have tons of posts what makes you more trust worthy than me? As it is I will never be "well known" as I don't spend tons of time here posting. I do however make a living selling online and have been for 20 years. My reputation in my field is indisputable and impeccable but no one here would ever know unless they took the time to talk with me.

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz
What Jim is saying is true. By well known I'm sure he meant a well known seller. For example I have bought and sold like 6 times on my Raden1942 account. I made this account because for some reason I wasn't getting email notifications. Anyway I have maybe 6 or 7 transactions with good feedback. I started getting my feedback by buying and showing that I am trustworthy. Personally I only buy from people that have good amount of seller feedback. Id say at least 3 good feedbacks on selling guns I would trust. That's just me. Trusting someone who has no feedback at al 😐😐😐 I don't think so. I've been seeing alot of jerks lately. One guy sent me an email with a phone number attached and sent pics of his gun. Everything looked great. But no feedback. A week later sure enough he scammed some one and he was on the known scammers list..... Craigslist is different you can go and see it for yourself. Just bring a real gun to buy your pellet gun and you should be fine. 

Reactions: JimNM
Getting back to the question of the gun ...

The Good = Yes it is a very good , accurate gun , decent trigger , and a nice stock

The Not So Good = Limited/Low shot count , If air is unlimited then no big deal

Limited power adjustment, basically a small amount of hammer spring adjustment is it, the rest is done by pellet choice in weight to obtain desired accuracy and speed , really not a bad thing for a new to PCP....

These do have a tendency to double feed ., you Must put some a$$ into it when cocking it to make sure you get a " full pull " and cock it

Magazines can be hard to find in certain calibers

Hope this helps , and be sure no matter what you do get as much information from the seller as possible and buy it on your terms not theirs...

Peace Mi Amigo's 

Reactions: Hapo
Amazing gun, I wish I had been lucky enough to get this as my first PCP. BSA cold hammered barrels are on par with Lothar Walther, some think they are better. This gun has one of the nicest looking stocks in the business as well. 

For filling, a bottle gun is more painful than a cylinder PCP if you want to get into the pumping business. I can recommend a Yong Heng compressor instead. They are very widespread and to be had for 300 usd or less. Look into AirVelocitySport's video for more details. Enjoy the sport ! 🐦

They were on sale cheap for a short while IIRC $380??? (was like crazy stupid cheap) few months ago and sold out before I could hit the buy button. Had one left a member posted the heads up on here on the forum. The $649 MTC VIPER PRO is junk! One sold for only $250 recently on the classifieds here and didn't sell right away. That scope isn't clear past 20x and it's a 30x scope.

Check and ask if he has a receipt in case it's a stolen gun. SEE his reaction ask questions if he KNOWS HIS GUN. Be clever. Ask reason for selling see if he got box and paperwork like a legit owner will have.