Opinions on the current crop of semi-autos

I don't have a picture of the entire landscape of what's available. I purchased my Edgun Leshiy 2 about the time they came out (in Canada), about 8 months ago now. 

Other than a little "getting used to it" time, mostly just properly seating the barrel, the gun has been flawless. Almost no wear and tear, very reliable. I haven't had any problems with o-rings or sealing. I'm not a super-high-precision shooter, so perhaps I'm not as fussy as some on the forum. But two thumbs up for me. 

It's my go-to gun for most occasions. It's the only gun I have my son enjoys shooting. 

I think the huben k1 still rules the semi auto field. I really really like mine, it's been reliable (except when I screwed up) and the power and adjustability is really really nice. The balanced valve basically lets you shoot whatever weight you want, and tuning is just a couple clicks of the valve adjuster. 

I have owned several, from one of the best to the worst! I'll go in order... The worst being a semi-auto Hatsan Galation! The trigger was horrible and it failed to cycle more ofter than it did cycle, and sometines it just wouldn't shoot at all! Accuracy was dismal when it shot as all, that one went back to Hatsan for a full refund! Next was the Evanix Air Speed. It cycled fine, whoever would jam horribly if you tried to shoot lighter pellets. Accuracy was also an issue. Power was decent and the trigger wasn't as bad as most of the semi-autos I've owned, but not as good as others. I ended up selling it to a guy who knew much more than I did, but if he ever got it working perfectly or not, I'm not sure. Then there was the AEA Backpacker. It was light, accurate and made good power, but had a really heavy trigger. It also would not cycle above 3200 psi, even though the max fill was much higher. I also felt if it had been regulated to around 2500 psi, it would have been a great semi-auto. It's gone now also. I also had a SAM (Semi-Auto Marauder), it was quirky, had an extremely long trigger pull and didn't really perform up to Marauder standards with accuracy. The power wasn't there either and I never could get it to the advertised level. Otherwise it wasn't a bad semi-auto, but I didn't use it much, so I sold it also. The last two I still have, the LCS SK-19 is very accurate and a beast for power! It will also shoot full-auto, although accuracy suffers quite a bit and you waste a lot of pellets! The trigger is long and about meduim weight, not terrible, but far from the best either. Lastly is the Huben K1, by far the best trigger of the group and very good accuracy and power as well. The LCS and Huben are very similar in they both use a 19 round non-removable magazine, a hammerless system and are easily adjustable for power, using a power wheel that controls the valve. I have not owned or shot a Leshly 2 or Steyr, but understand they are top notch, but also at the top of the heap price wise! Hatsan has also come out with a couple more semi-autos and a full-auto, but based on past experience, I am shying away from any of their current offerings. These are just my layman thoughts based on my own experiences, so I hope they help...

I think the huben k1 still rules the semi auto field. I really really like mine, it's been reliable (except when I screwed up) and the power and adjustability is really really nice. The balanced valve basically lets you shoot whatever weight you want, and tuning is just a couple clicks of the valve adjuster.

I have limited experience with the semiautos, LCS and 3 Hubens. There is a learning curve for trouble free shooting. To date the only problems I've had are self inflicted, not seating the pellets and trying to squeeze the last few shots out of a fill. I agree with Wimpanzee the Huben is the apex semiauto.

+1

Regards

Enkey 

I own the AEA HP Carbine TD in .25. This is my second as the first was stolen and I immediately replaced it with the same. I run JSB Hades through it exclusively and absolutly love the combination. I get about 865fps out of them, (my original was 890) and they are devistating on Rockchucks out to 100 yards. The action has broken in to where it doesnt lock up anymore if overaired. The shot string is very consistant if you stay within the green on the guage and I get about 40 shots per fill. The trigger is no match grade, but it is good enough for headshots on squirrels at 100 yards.

That said, the folding stock adapter has had to be changed on both I have owned, and the magazines are junk. The internal spring comes out of its holes. I have taken to super gluing them in.

All in all, it is very reliable and my goto hunting rig at the moment. Light and manuerverable. I have well over 2000 rounds through it, and I bought the replacment in March.

I've had up to 3 Huben K1's at one time, but now I'm down to one. I've thought about selling it as for my needs and uses semi-auto is more of a novelty than a necessity. 

With that said, I think that I'm going to keep it. Very reasonable trigger for a SA gun, never had any issues with any of them, and so easily adjustable for a wide spread of power. Yes, there is a learning curve with SA air guns. When I got my first K1 (.25 cal) I would regularly have flyers, and always at about 9:00. Until I figured out the hold the gun liked, and they went away.

No experience with others, but the Huben K1's have been winners for me in the semi-auto segment. Don't think I would ever buy a Leshiy 2. Some folks love them, but one hears about so many issues with them, which apparently can go completely unresolved due to lack of commitment by the U.S. based representative. Could leave you pretty well stuck with a $2k+ boat anchor. And no owner I've heard from raves about the L2 trigger. Never even handled an LCS or a Steyr.

One other very positive thing about the Hubens is Kelly at KrazCool airguns. The man knows his Hubens, and has always been prompt, personable and knowledgeable both before AND after the sale.

Can't tell you - I never tune anything to full power.

I turned the reg down on my current gun from 180-150, and the power wheel is set pretty low (20 & 21 clicks from closed), which gave me the best accuracy with 25.4's @ 862 fps and 33.95's @ 848 fps, respectively. And I'm getting at least 4 mags or about 70 shots per 250 bar fill. But I've never done a full chrony string to see where the velocity/POI drops dramatically.