• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Opinions on the Benjamin Trail XL .22?

Ok I won’t say that I dispute accuracy claims from forum members, you included. I will say I’m skeptical of anything I haven’t seen with my own eyes. Only because I’ve been duped so many times. And yes we hijacked the thread but it’s still airgun talk.

I included when I bought a Stoeger S4000-e on a positive review at Pyramid Air.

Now it sits alongside my Benjamin Trail XL .22 to keep it company although they both have their individual reasons for sitting it out on the sidelines.

If I want to revisit my springers I reach for my two Hatsans. A 95 and Vortex 1000.

I've had my Trail .22 for a couple of years now and I do like it. True it's heavy, and does pack a jolt when shot, and I agree it takes some bonding time to get the right hold down...but...if you invest the time and get to know the piece you will have a real nice shooter in my opinion. I really enjoy the power as it zaps my targets. I am a Springer guy and enjoy a challenge. Take care all😉

I've had my Trail .22 for a couple of years now and I do like it. True it's heavy, and does pack a jolt when shot, and I agree it takes some bonding time to get the right hold down...but...if you invest the time and get to know the piece you will have a real nice shooter in my opinion. I really enjoy the power as it zaps my targets. I am a Springer guy and enjoy a challenge. Take care all😉

There you go. Always different strokes for different folks, and few "opinions" of one apply to all. My experience with the gun was less than stellar (but I still have it) and you have had good performance from it and, most importantly, you "enjoy" shooting it. That's all that matters. Glad it works well for you.

I have the Benny in my closet at the moment, only reason is the weather is dang cold and raining. outside. It has never failed me and shoots very accurateat 20, 30 , 40, 50, 60 and 70 yards. I did use an awful lot of pellets and arm power to get used to it but once I came to understand the rifles unique piston quirks and the overall shot cycle of the nitro piston, it is one of my favorite rifles to shoot. I am not into PCP guns as of yet and 1377, 1322 pistols are my only other airguns at the moment, but dollar for dollar I am very pleased by the power and the accuracy of my rifle.

If you want to learn to shoot better, grab any Canadian Military rifle, you learn quick how to adjust and adapt...