Opinions on compresser

DO NOT buy a compressor from Nuvair. I had a horrible customer service issue with them that spanned for over two months.
Yeah dude, I had a wonderful customer service experience with Nuvair. I’m not sure how yours went, but they seemed to bend over backwards to answer all my questions and inquiries, and I had a lot!

My YH fills my 45 minute SCBA bottle about once a month, normally to 300 bar. It's been doing it for about 2 years. I had to replace an O-ring near the reed valve once. I change the oil (I use Nuvair 825) once a year. I added an inexpensive radiator and a couple fans meant to cool computers. I use distilled water with water wetter in it in a sealed system. In the summer I put a couple soda bottles of ice in the water too. Normally this lets me fill from ~3000 to ~300 bar in one run less than 20 minutes and with a head temperature around 60 C. I also added an extra filter for the air that comes out that I filled with temperature change dessicant.

Minimum change in my opinion is the extra filter for the air and the "good" oil. Extra cooling helps fill a bottle in one run with the temperature well under the 70 C limit.

I don't fill my guns with the YH, I quit that when I got the bottle. It is noisy but I can tolerate for about 15 minutes to get 10-12 gun fills.

Reactions: Gandalf714
Before I retired my last job was installing and repairing commercial walk-in freezers and coolers. Large commercial businesses always wanted the best units and mom and pop businesses would always want the cheapest. Those cheap units usually had a major failure as soon as the factory warranty ran out. This usually meant they lost all their product. Since they had to replace all their product and unit it forced them to raise their prices. The guy down the street who bought a good unit ended up under cutting their prices and putting them out of business. When I bought my first compressor and booster I didn’t listen to my own advice. In the end I spent more on them than I did buying my Alkin which is still going strong and has not needed any repairs.