Opinions on compresser

The GX Compressors have a pretty good track record. The CS1, CS2 or CS3 will fill your guns easily. Filling tanks is another story. A YH will fill tanks, but they are loud and requires a bucket of water for cooling.

The CS4 is more expensive, but will fill tanks and guns up to 5800 psi, if you ever decide to get an airgun that needs a fill over 4500 psi. It also has a 5 hour run cycle when filling tanks.

Here's a link to the GX Compressors that are currently on sale. There is also a 10% off discount code:

Best compresser to fill a bottle and do a lot of shooting that is under 2k
UP the budget a little and buy the Coltri mch-6,,, you will cry a little at first
BUT you will do the happy dance for a long time afterward,,,,
I wish I had done this at the start instead of wasting money on China branded products

Buy 1, 2, 3 or 8 of the Vevor compressors depending on what kind of other compressor you're looking at. I have two, one as a backup. Right now they're $215 but watch on a regular basis, they drop the price for a day or so. I paid $170 (if I remember right) for the first one and bought the 2nd one for $110.

Less than $700 will buy a lifetime of compressors. If one breaks use the next while your're repairing the first one, or use one as a parts compressor for the others. It doesn't matter what is spent on a compressor, I see an occasional issue with many of them, which means limited shooting while repairs are being made.

I use SecoLube in mine and so far I have had no issues over the few months I've been using it.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1

I have a Tuxing (TXEDT032) for over 2 years now and it has been pretty darn good. When it finally goes this will be the compressor I get. A friend bought a used one here on AGN and it was sent to my house. (they were travelling) super quiet, faster than the Tuxing, and just built much better...I was a little depressed when they came by and picked it up.

Tony P.

The GX Compressors have a pretty good track record. The CS1, CS2 or CS3 will fill your guns easily. Filling tanks is another story. A YH will fill tanks, but they are loud and requires a bucket of water for cooling.

The CS4 is more expensive, but will fill tanks and guns up to 5800 psi, if you ever decide to get an airgun that needs a fill over 4500 psi. It also has a 5 hour run cycle when filling tanks.

Here's a link to the GX Compressors that are currently on sale. There is also a 10% off discount code:
Heres a Mod i made for the CS-2. Works great. I fill 98 cu ft bottles all the time. Takes a Minute, but totally doable👍 Takes 15 to 20 cycles to bring a 98cuft bottle from 3000psi to 4500 psi.
/

Last edited:
Reactions: RAMJET66
None of the compressors much under $5k were ever designed to fill tanks. If you’re going to use them to do that don’t expect them to do that for long without frequent maintenance and rebuilds.
Maintenance for the CS-2 Is not that complicated. If you wann use it beyond rated capacities... DO THE RESEARCH. It is possible, just takes time.

Last edited:
UP the budget a little and buy the Coltri mch-6,,, you will cry a little at first
BUT you will do the happy dance for a long time afterward,,,,
I wish I had done this at the start instead of wasting money on China branded products
+1 buying a coltri! With extra breathing filters and enough oil to fill it for “the rest of my life”, (a gallon I think) and shipping it was $3000 to my door from Ca to WV. Definitely worth the extra 1k!