• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Opinions Needed On My .25 Gauntlet

Finishing up the things I wanted on my gauntlet and the hajimoto barrel band came into today along with heavy-impacts tank band, I didn't realize i had to cut the forend a little for the barrel support so what do you guys think does it look silly if I left it with the gap not the gap between the bipod band and barrel band just the barrel band to the forend.
1561577487_12436501695d13c80f021931.77616025_20190626_152355.jpg
1561577500_20909844665d13c81cb725f0.04675806_20190626_143329.jpg

I watched the video. First, I don't think it looks silly as is. Second, cutting to fit looks to be very easy so that would be the route I would go.

Luck!

A few things I may not be able to use it since hajimoto said its designed for the end of the tank and since I have the extended tank he said where it is the tank can swell and crack the band, another thing is umarex considers any modification to the gun a break in the warranty even if it doesn't affect the part at all. 

If it were me, I'd attach it toward the end of the tank where there will be less expansion from filling the tank. And unless that picatinnny rail is just decoration, I'd also try that bipod there and see what happens. Worst case is the barrel band breaks, but it looks sturdy enough. If there is any "added pressure?" to the barrel, you may see accuracy problems, although, maybe not. If there is, just go back to "plan A" like in the picture. The gun looks great!

A plastic barrel band will help hold the barrel from being "bumped" but it will cause poi shifts with temperature changes because plastic expands at a different ratio with temperature than does metal. It may even cause shifts with pressure changes on bottle fills because sometimes the bottle shifts ever so slightly at different pressures.

Ideally you want a band that will protect the barrel from getting pushed far enough to take a "set" but that doesn't actually touch the barrel...allowing it to free float.

I find with the Gauntlet, the most important thing, to avoid POI shifts, is a barrel mount screws that are not loose, a shroud retainer mount tightly pushed against the receiver and a firmly screwed in shroud. All these things make it less likely to have a poi shift if bumped or leaned against something.