• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Opinion needed

Hi, I only have one pcp a Brocock contour s6 that had a massive ail leak and sat in the closet for the past 6years because I didn’t think I could fix it myself but thanks to this forum and a 004 O ring is up and running again.
I now have the itch for another pcp and thought I would like to buy a made in USA rifle and found this on eBay (Link below)
if it stays at this price would this rifle be a good deal?

Thank you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1259689592...uArrFvsRi2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Reactions: HogKiller
Hi, I only have one pcp a Brocock contour s6 that had a massive ail leak and sat in the closet for the past 6years because I didn’t think I could fix it myself but thanks to this forum and a 004 O ring is up and running again.
I now have the itch for another pcp and thought I would like to buy a made in USA rifle and found this on eBay (Link below)

Thank you

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1259689592...uArrFvsRi2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Not even if the rifle has not leaks you have the certainty it will be accurate.

I would not put 300 on that bet.... Better to have more money saved and later on bet for a rifle you are sure it will be a good one.

This one for example is a super rifle:

Screenshot_20230610-102138.png

Last edited:

Thank you

Thanks

You need to quantify your needs on a PCP. Some are good for power some for accuracy some are lightweight and some are small. What do you expect to do with the rifle? Target shoot, hunt, or plink. If you hunt look for something light. Target shooting heavier guns will fit the bill. . How do your fill your rifle? If with hand pump smaller tanked rifles are easier to fil.

l Good luck with your rifle whatever you choose. Don't get in a hurry and compare.

...I agree with the other reactions...buying a second-hand gun is a good idea, but make it a quality one...especially so, as you are used to a very good quality little rifle like the Brocock Contour...I own that one too, the single shot version...
If buying a 2nd hand make darn well and sure that you ask a LOT of questions and get it in writing. Some sellers are honest to a fault, others well they should be in DC or selling used cars. Example with pictures available upon request.

Thank you

You could have included that it was a benjamin marauder .22 pcp. air rifle. They are $569 from PyramidAir, I'd buy new at that rate.

While I agree with others in the fact buying second hand could go good or bad depending on the condition, and I'm certainly no expert in a wide variety of PCP manufacturers. I can say that I have a maurader .25 for right on 10 years that stacks fine groups at 50 yards and have had zero issues. I've been away from airguns for awhile,(New to this forum as well) but remember mention of .22 barrels being hit or miss, but point out that is a aftermarket stock, maybe Boyd's and there is a chance that if that was undertaken, there could be more to it according to the description. Definetly a gamble, sounds like the seller knows a bit about it, but traded for it. Things to consider.

Reactions: cavedweller
AoA second hand I've delt with before & am sure others are too. I'd go full on shop used or reputable member off here . AoA checks em for leaks, spreads & seem honest in there cosmetic condition. I always ask them to go over it with eyeballs while on phone. That Brocock is nice & have had one.
if were me I'd also look for Uragan 1, Taipan Vet 1,

The good things are that the marauder had easily available parts and the gun is easy to work on. Therefore you would easily be able to fix any problems with it. The other good thing is that eBay always sides with the buyer so you could get a refund. The bad is that I’ve always heard the 22 marauders were hit and miss with accuracy. If it doesn’t have a lothar Walther barrel I would probably pass. The seller probably doesn’t know. I would look at this one over on the GTA forum.

It has hit the archive/ old thread section but I don’t think it ever sold. Probably can get it for less. The 25 calibers I’ve read were always accurate out of the box.

Reactions: KatoKevin454
Actually that gun is over here for sale now. I would seriously buy this one over that eBay gun if you want a marauder.