Opinion needed. Hawke vs Element

I love the Titan. I have a sidewinder, Titan, and a Helix. The Hawke to me has been great but I really felt the upgrade in quality switching over to the Nexus. Don't get me wrong I still use my Hawke but it's not on my Impact, or my Remington 700, it's on a beat-up older rifle I have. What I really need to do and if anyone has any suggestions with the element scope is how to fix some of these scratches. I have one of those KIA bracelets and that metal on metal can tear up the Element scope (finish?). Idk it's just light scratches to the paint. 

Otherwise hunting wise I use my helix a lot depending on the rifle. If I am moving around a lot I use my Helix it's light, great glass does exactly what I need it to. My Titan, I have on the Remington 700, that Long scope just looks beautiful on my long rifle. 

If you’d be happy with a second focal plane you’d be hard pressed to beat an Alpha 6. I was a skeptic until I finally bought one and compared it to my Swarovski and Zeiss scopes I use for my centerfires. The Alpha had whiter, brighter glass than both and a great reticle. My two cents but I’d give it a serious look if it works for your set up. 

Reactions: me-
If you’d be happy with a second focal plane you’d be hard pressed to beat an Alpha 6. I was a skeptic until I finally bought one and compared it to my Swarovski and Zeiss scopes I use for my centerfires. The Alpha had whiter, brighter glass than both and a great reticle. My two cents but I’d give it a serious look if it works for your set up.

🤣🤣🤣

After doing alot of Alpha scope research using the search function on this forum I was really surprised to see how many people really love theirs and the sheer amount of likes these scopes get compared to all other brands of scopes. There appears to be a huge following for them with many repeat buyers. The glass appears comparable on par to a Vortex Viper PST G-2 based on comparing the glass amongst each other and nicer than the Hawke SideWinder 30 and Element Titan according to my eyes. There is a member Orion doing a scope can review with the Alpha scope against 2000 and 3000 dollar scopes that will be interesting to see. 

Hi, looking for some opinions on a possible scope purchase. I’m contemplating the new hawk sidewinder or possibly the element titan. I am looking for first focal plane and somewhere in the range of 6x24 magnification . Thoughts/suggestions? Thanks!!

Adding a $150 to your budget (+-) will give you a tremendous IQ and weight reduction option. Used will be a great option in this price category.

If you need a scope that is comparable to the Athlon Ares with a FFP reticle and 10 yard focus for cheaper at only $499 with illuminated reticle buy the Bushnell Match Pro direct from Bushnell.

Always buy from return friendly dealers buy all that you can put on a credit card maxed out the limit like buy AT LEAST 10 or 20 different scopes and return 9 or 19 for refund after comparing all side by side which one that's clearest at max power to your own eyes.

That's what I do but normally keep the clear at max power scopes.

The Element Nexus is almost as bright and clear as the Crimson Trace 3 series that's currently being sold for $449 on less than half price clearance at MidwayUSA.

The Nightforce SHV and Tract Toric are hands down brighter and clearer than the Element Nexus for a lot less money. The Tract Toric smokes it followed by the Nightforce SHV when speaking of paying full MAP price for scopes in comparison.

Just relaying a factual performance per dollar value here that's all.

I'm a scope snob too.

All my scopes are Hawke Vantage. Either 3-9x40 or 4-12x40. I've only had one to fail and that one was on a .22 Diana 460 Magnum springer - hard of scopes in general. Since I put Diana NR (No Recoil) scope mounts on all my springers, no scope has been destroyed. The Hawke scopes on my other springers (a .22 Air Arms TX200 and a .22 Diana 48) have had no issues, but I still put NR mounts no them.

If you need a scope that is comparable to the Athlon Ares with a FFP reticle and 10 yard focus for cheaper at only $499 with illuminated reticle buy the Bushnell Match Pro direct from Bushnell.

Always buy from return friendly dealers buy all that you can put on a credit card maxed out the limit like buy AT LEAST 10 or 20 different scopes and return 9 or 19 for refund after comparing all side by side which one that's clearest at max power to your own eyes.

That's what I do but normally keep the clear at max power scopes.

Would this be honest? Can a dealer sell a returned scope for new? I know I would not be happy buying a return. Seems to me that type of buying will just drive up prices. I may be wrong.