Opining orings

On the surface , I worry when I get a handful of orings with my new gun. Why would I need this handful with a NEW gun? Of course, we all know.
On the other hand, when I get this handful, depending on the count, i know how complicated this gun will be to repair.
Fewer orings the better.say like a Cricket. Just makes.me think , " Not much to go wrong here" and after4+ years, I was right.
To the manufacturer, I'm just opining. Give me 2X the parts I need. I appreciate them.THANK YOU.
It does give one an insight to a particular airgun.

Reactions: qball
I measure the O-rings and write it down, then order several sets from the O-ring store when I need more O-rings, it's nice to have plenty on hand when you need them, I've been able to fix many a PCP gun that I bought as leakers and saved myself lots of money..... the last one was a Umarex Hammer I got for $300, it didn't even need an O-ring, just a loose bleed screw, :giggle: you won't run across that kind of a deal very often...:)

Reactions: Elbowgrease
On the surface , I worry when I get a handful of orings with my new gun. Why would I need this handful with a NEW gun? Of course, we all know.
On the other hand, when I get this handful, depending on the count, i know how complicated this gun will be to repair.
Fewer orings the better.say like a Cricket. Just makes.me think , " Not much to go wrong here" and after4+ years, I was right.
To the manufacturer, I'm just opining. Give me 2X the parts I need. I appreciate them.THANK YOU.
It does give one an insight to a particular airgun.
Years ago I decided I wanted a progressive reloader for my handguns. At the time I was shooting them heavily. First look was the Dillon because everybody swore up and down on them.
When the salesman showed me all the “wonderful” spare parts that came with it I walked away with your same thought. If you are giving me these, how often does this thing break.
After buying another brand I found out that running a progressive is a serious learning curve and Dillon was most likely getting out ahead of my learning curve by having spares of what gets broken while learning.

Whilst we are opining, splain to me how an o ring actually seals air from leaking past it? Does the air press against it and make it swell? Does a mechanical squish keep it leak proof? I understand how an oil seal with a lip seals but O rings, not so much?

Oring go squish, and in some cases depending on the sealing method, more pressure makes oring squish more.