• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Arms Open sights on pro sport

A guy made a 3d printed front and then maybe clamp on rear or peep could work out ?

Here's a pic of the 3d front he made for a gun to go irons on .. ( nice job I thought)

grubscrew.jpg

Maybe a store bought may slap on ?
slipons.jpg

Reactions: steve1958
so, the answer is sure anything could be done
my question is would a William sight work on the rear if not you are going to have to make your own and if you could not do that well, it might not be worth it
the biggest problem is the barrel height vs the receiver
i would thing a 1 power scope could do the job as well as open sights
give me the barrel OD and i will look for a Front globe and how much did you want to spend these sorts of bit and pieces can be pricey and the chance of failure is very good
https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/open-sighted-pro-sport.1297525/

my question is would a William sight work on the rear if not you are going to have to make your own and if you could not do that well, it might not be worth it
give me the barrel OD and i will look for a Front globe and how much did you want to spend these sorts of bit and pieces can be pricey and the chance of failure is very good
Check the aa front rails at ant supply.

One of them may slip right on and just add the globe ..

Then

&

As I like to say " buying a gun without sights is like buying a car without a steering wheel".

And with a springer no way will I be stranded to a scope only gun ..

P.s

Most hw's come with irons 😉

the diopter is way cheaper at Pyramyd but that is not the problem

the rear sight is, no matter what you choice, because without it you have no idea where the front sight height would need to be
i would normally take the rear sight that would work set it in the middle adjustment take a string and run it to the front of the barrel
now make the string parallel to the barrel, now measure the height of the string at the front sight position
, that would be the height needed to make the rear sight work with the front sight and have adjustment
so, if you used a globe sight where the insert center sits, or the post which ever, if you use a partridge sight again at the top of the sight

and that my friends is why adding sights to a rifle that has none is a crap shoot
you could just ask one of us for a diopter height i have many sitting around, i can mount it to a dovetail blank i have and give you a measurement
you mockup the height and use the string

the bottom line is you have to have an imagination, know how to find the parts, know this is not going to be cheap and expect to fail 50% of the time
it is R&D or proof of concept i do it all the time with ideas and sometimes you get lucky and other time you just add to your boxes of stuff and after 10 to 15 years you will have a big box at least i do

get some measure measurement, it is not impossible

Reactions: steve1958
When I had the open sights on my TX200, I used a Williams receiver sight that mounted on the dovetail grooves. I used rubber cement to glue a ramp front sight on the barrel. The front sight never moved before I removed the sights and reinstalled the scope. The open/receiver sights worked well for me at that time.

78CBF888-573B-4BC3-B282-2134CC0189D1_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Well pricey and not going good is where I would call it quits,lol

Check the aa front rails at ant supply.

One of them may slip right on and just add the globe ..

Then

&

As I like to say " buying a gun without sights is like buying a car without a steering wheel".

And with a springer no way will I be stranded to a scope only gun ..

P.s

Most hw's come with irons 😉
See that was what I was thinking that could happen

When I had the open sights on my TX200, I used a Williams receiver sight that mounted on the dovetail grooves. I used rubber cement to glue a ramp front sight on the barrel. The front sight never moved before I removed the sights and reinstalled the scope. The open/receiver sights worked well for me at that time.

View attachment 399027
Explain it again please. Pretty awesome.

The rear sight is the Air Venturi Williams 64 peep sight from Pyramyd Air, $39.95.
The front sight has to be fairly tall to work with the receiver sight. I have a fairly large selection of front ramps and insert sights so I was able to get the proper ramp and insert. Sorry, I can't remember which ones I used.

You can use a wire tie like comes on bread to seal the plastic bag. Just tie it on the end of the barrel leaving. one leg fairly high. With the rear not quite all the way down, take a few shots and cut small pieces off the makeshift front sight until it is the proper height. Then select a proper ramp and sight insert to match the height of the make shift front sight. My front sight ended up being .980 inches above the top of the barrel. Yours could vary depending on how high or low you have the rear sight. By having the rear sight a little above it's lowest setting, you would then have downward adjustment of rear sight if needed.

Clean the top of the barrel and the bottom of the front ramp with alcohol and use rubber cement to attach the front sight. By using the rubber cement, you can remove the front sight anytime you desire and will not have scratched up the barrel. I fired several hundred shots through my TX200 and the sight never came off. If you do knock it off, just reglue it back on.

One hint, install the dovetail front sight insert on the ramp before you glue the sight to the barrel. Trying to install the insert after glueing will knock off the front sight. Once the ramp is glued to the barrel, if you refrain from touching it, it will stay in place.

Do not use Loctite or epoxy or solder the ramp to the barrel if you want to remove the ramp without leaving marks on the barrel.

I still have glued on front sight using rubber cement on top of the moderator on two Discovery and my P-rod.
They have been on the three guns for over a year and never come off.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: specie