• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ooops - shot some .25s through my .22 Leshiy 2

I didn't know it could be done and it certainly wasn't intentional. I went to grab a Leshiy 2 mag with a .22 setup. Didn't pay much attention and apparently grabbed a .25 mag filled with 34 gr pellets. First shot sounded like a threw the pellet at the target. Second shot and I got a weird air release and shot didn't cycle. Removed the mag and looked through the barrel to see the pellet stuck somewhere down it. Replaced mag and shot the pellet through, again sounding like I threw it at the target. Removed the mag and was shocked to see .25 pellets. 

In essence I basically swaged .25 pellets down to .22 to squeeze through the barrel. Nuts.

I did the same with an Artemis M16. It had been a laser before my error. It became much less so afterwards. Squeezing these .25 pellets thru the .22 bore may have impacted the lands and grooves. I hope the same did not happen to your Leshiy. Have you checked your accuracy yet?

Any gunsmithing views anyone?

1f426.svg

Seems like damage to spacers, baffles, innards in a shroud that may have tight tolerances would be likely.

The thing which amazes me the most is that it was actually able to squish a .25 down to .22 and push it through the barrel. 

I failed to mention earlier I only had the reg set to about 65bar on the Leshiy 2 when this happened. That's part of what keeps this experience for me as one for the books.

I am amazed too. That's a lot of squishing!