Only 30 shots in my Vulcan Tactic .25 Please Help

I'm wondering how heavy a pellet you are shooting. When I plot your shot curve, it has an overall downslope across the regulated segment. Then it goes off regulator about 150 bar and goes down without any rise. Your hammer tension is above the balance point for regulator pressure, but velocity is only 890. It should be getting that velocity without the hammer tension being so high. Hence, I suspect you are shooting a heavier pellet than the usual 25 gr JSB's.

You should be getting about 45 regulated shots with 25 gr JSB's at 890 fps filling to 250 bar.

With an overly high hammer tension setting, you are going to waste air with every shot. Hence, the low shot count.

I'd drop down to a a 25 gr pellet and lighten the HST to achieve 890 FPS.

This is all based only on your shot string numbers and without knowing your actual pellet weight. It just looks like too heavy a pellet based on the plotted curve.

BTW, it is OK to fill to 250 bar. Won't hurt the gun and you get more shots. The first few shots will drop the bar reading faster than the last ones. Some interpret it as wasting air.

If you have the means to adjust the regulator, I'd lower it to 140 bar and reset the hammer spring tension. It will lower the fps to, I'm totaling guessing here, around 870 to 880 but you will probably get the 40-45 shots on a 230 bar fill you are hoping for. I'm sure you are shooting the 25.4 Kings as I don't think the Vulcan is capable of shooting the Heavy King pellets at or near 900 fps. 

Tuned a lot .25 and average shot count around 30-35 shots at 880 fps with 25g at 235b fill.

power tuned to shoot the 34g 900-910fps gets around 21-26 shots.

if you want more shots tighten down the valve spring 2-3 turns CW and lower the reg pressure so the speed max out to shoot the 25g at 865-875fps, don't tighten down the HSTS pass max speed.

Proper way to adjust HSTA:

lower speed to around 840 fps with 25g 
turn hsta 1/4 turn CW and take 3 shots do this till speed no longer rise then turn hSTA CCW 1/4 turn. if you adjust the HSTA past that speed you are wasting air and loose shot count, plus the shot will get louder. 

sniperlabyoTuned a lot .25 and average shot count around 30-35 shots at 880 fps with 25g at 235b fill.

if you want more shots tighten down the valve spring 2-3 turns CW and lower the reg pressure so the speed max out to shoot the 25g at 865-875fps, don't tighten down the HSTS pass max speed.

turn hsta 1/4 turn CW and take 3 shots do this till speed no longer rise then turn hSTA CCW 1/4 turn. if you adjust the HSTA past that speed you are wasting air and loose shot count, plus the shot will get louder.

What regulator pressure is needed for a power tune?

"sniperlabyo"Tuned a lot .25 and average shot count around 30-35 shots at 880 fps with 25g at 235b fill.

Oh nice. That power tune sounds interesting with the 34 grainers doing 900 fps. That must involve a hammer weight. 

"sniperlabyo"Tuned a lot .25 and average shot count around 30-35 shots at 880 fps with 25g at 235b fill.

Dear Ernest Rowe,
The way you say it: turn hsta 1/4 turn CW and take 3 shots do this till speed no longer rise then turn hsta CCW 1/4 turn. Do this for hsta is not equivalent to no adjustment? First of all, CW1/4, and then CCW1/4?

Here's a string I shot with mine. I don't own the gun any longer but it was a good one. When it fired about all the you would hear was just a "snap".
Jimmy
409065fa133e9fea67867dd7c4e8778f.jpg

"jking"What he's saying is back the HS off a couple of full turns to get well below your target speed then start back 1/4 turn CW at a time until the velocity stops rising. This might take several 1/4 turn adjustments CW. Once the speed stops increasing then back it off just one 1/4 turn CCW.
jimmy
What happens when the speed stops increasing but that's not what I'm going to do with my target speed?

"jorgemac"I fill my Vulcan Tactic .25 to 230 bar wich is what everyone recommends. Is supposed to give 40-45 regulated shots but only gives 30 before que regulator starts to go down.
This is the full chrony. What do you suggest to improve de shots count?

jorgemac

Why are you filling to only 230 BAR? I fill my VULCAN .25 bullpup to 250 BAR as specified in the manual and I get 4 mags per fill no problem.

Matt

"Matt247365"
"jorgemac"I fill my Vulcan Tactic .25 to 230 bar wich is what everyone recommends. Is supposed to give 40-45 regulated shots but only gives 30 before que regulator starts to go down.
This is the full chrony. What do you suggest to improve de shots count?

jorgemac

Why are you filling to only 230 BAR? I fill my VULCAN .25 bullpup to 250 BAR as specified in the manual and I get 4 mags per fill no problem.

Matt

The Vulcan regulator its more efficient in the range below 230 bar. If you fill to 250 bar waste much more air.