• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Online Silhoutte- Every Week, due by Sunday Night

I'm not sure if this has been blasted out to everyone, but there is a weekly silhouette match hosted online.
It's on your honor, and doesn't cost anything except a little bit of ink to print out your targets. You can compete with any airgun and the ranges are close enough for most garages or backyards:
http://www.onlinesilhouetteshoot.com/Menu.asp

Classes:
  • Paper Silhouette Pistol 18 Foot (5.5 Meter) Class
  • Paper Silhouette Pistol 33 Foot (10 Meter) Class
  • Paper Silhouette Rifle 33 Foot (10 Meter) Class
  • Paper Silhouette Pistol Benchrest 33 Foot (10 Meter) Class
  • Paper Silhouette Rifle Benchrest 33 Foot (10 Meter) Class
  • Paper Silhouette Rifle Benchrest 25 Yard (22.9 Meter) Class
  • Metal Silhouette Pistol / Short-Range Air Rifle (SAR) Class (1/10 Scale)
  • Metal Silhouette Rifle Class (1/10 Scale)
We all know that competition improves your focus- no guilt for not submitting, but I challenge myself to put both the good and bad scores online. I've used a $35 air pistol and a high end pistol. In both instances, I learned more about how they fire during the shot cycle, what pellets worked best, and how much caffeine I had that day.
Come join us, let's see your scores!

Reactions: hasenpfeffer
Hi guys,
Like the way you think, like real Americans! This kind of rule book perusing is what makes NASCAR great. If the rules don't outlaw it, it's legal, and I don't see where it say's you can't use your Sam Yang .45 cal as a silhouette gun.
If you think about it, what could be more American than to "bring enough gun", as Springfield is wont to say... I know when I go shooting ground squirrel, I don't worry if the pellet is too big. You can't make those fur zombies dead enough, in my opinion :)

Hi Mobilemail,
I'm don't make the rules but I would interpret it thusly- if you used the bi-pod, it's definitely not offhand. Since it's not one, it should be the other?
You could argue, a bench-rested rifle could have the forearm and the butt supported- using a bi-pod would theoretically then be more difficult to shoot accurately than fully supporting it via the rest.
At our local club bench-rest air rifle matches, bi-pods are allowed, but the winners are generally those who have their rifles completely supported, front and rear, resting on a solid base.
I say, go for it!

Hey Daxx,
They have this contact info for your use:
Send an email to [email protected] with your suggestion.

Maybe suggest a big bore version? I compete in my local clubs indoor 10 meter matches and sometimes receive grief from the good shooters for using my Crosman 2240 in .22 cal.
Our rules allow .22, but their point, that I have a 20% size advantage. rings true.
Then again, I have all of $35.00 wrapped up in my used pistol vs. their custom PCP Walthers and Tau's...
I'm not in this to win, I'm trying to use the competition to improve.