ONLINE PURCHASES - DO NOT USE VENMO or ZELLE - SCAM ALERT

Just a little friendly advice to pass along. Due to the shortage of pellets and accessories, sometimes you'll run across an "Online Store" that you've never dealt with before that lists the items you're looking for as available. While there are lots of fine upstanding businesses in operation, there are a few Bad Apple Scam operations that have been popping up more and more lately. At first glance they seem completely legitimate and a lot of times they appear to have the proper credentials you would expect. The KEY THING to look for that may indicate a Scam Operation is how they are requesting Payment. DO NOT USE ZELLE or VENMO to pay for anything online from a business. Zelle and Venmo are person to person transaction apps that have NO RECOURSE! Once you have made a payment to Zelle or Venmo.. that money is GONE!

A recent Scam Operation that has popped up is called AirRifleStore.com - There are NO payment options that allow you to use PayPal or Credit Card - Do yourself a favor and stay away from this site and warn your fellow shooters if they mention using this site. If you have run across a Scam Site using us as Target Practice please feel free to add to the list!

I like US Postal money orders because they have very good fraud detectives and it is a federal offense to misuse them. I used to have a shooting buddy that was one of their officers and he said they were very good at their jobs and had a good conviction rate. That's why most scammers won't let you use it.

Unfortunately, foreigners do not care about our federal laws. And the USPS is not known to be very efficient. Your mileage and patience may vary.

https://www.fraudguides.com/internet/counterfeit-money-orders/

I like US Postal money orders because they have very good fraud detectives and it is a federal offense to misuse them. I used to have a shooting buddy that was one of their officers and he said they were very good at their jobs and had a good conviction rate. That's why most scammers won't let you use it.

A guy "sells" you a $600 airgun. You pay with USPMO. Your gun never comes. 
You try to get law enforcement involved. The "seller" says, yes they cashed it; but YOU, still owe more, or shipping. 
Law enforcement says it's your word against theirs. Are you willing to travel for court? It's going to cost you to take off, travel, etc. for $600?

Nothing is scam proof & exactly why I am done with used anything unless it's from people I highly respect or are close enough for me to get to.

Closest I ever came to getting scammed was a transaction with a private party who insisted on payment by Venmo. Venmo is a subsidiary of Paypal, but they are NOT connected. Even though I made clear that the transaction was for goods and paid a fee and used my credit card, there is ZERO recourse once paid.

Not true, have th sellor send you an invoice thru Venmo and pay with your garanteed CC, if Venmo refuses, then you know it is a scam. If it goes thru, then the CC will credit your acct whether Venmo or the sellor does or not if the sale is fake!!