• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Online ammo sales

What exactly is a hoarder. Its not clear. If I shoot 2 tins a month(1000 rounds), thats 12,000 rounds a year, or 24 tins. Whats wrong with me buying 20 or 30 tins to get me thru a years worth or shooting? I do not consider that hoarding. When I shot on a bullseye pistol team, we bought 6000 round cases or rimfire, and that didnt last a season when we practiced a lot. So, is buying 2 cases or rimfire hoarding? Not if you are a competitive target shooter. And that was just pistols, if I spent more time on the range with my rifles, I could possibly double that.

If I followed these no hoarding rules, I would be running out of pellets every month, waiting to get a new order of 4 tins. Then there wouldn't be any shortages, because we wouldn't be shooting anymore. 

Probably not going to see treads started where someone asks about pellet tin organization anytime soon, as folks won’t want to show pics of what they have in stock, lol. 

Lets all look to the positive of this shortage by thinking that maybe pellet manufacturers are tooling up to add more styles, like these I’ve been asking about-

1. Barracuda hunter extremes in a 30 cal

2. Hayde’s In a 30 cal

3. Poly mags in 25 and 30 cal that’ll fit in at least 90% of rotary magazines without having to modify the magazine

4. Bring back the Vortex Supremes in 44.75 grain 30 cal, and have the awesome sales again at fieldsupply.com

5. Crow Magnums in 30 cal would be sweet to try, as a short range hunting round.

basically, add more pellet style choices in 30 cal. Not everyone wants to shoot slugs. 

Thats all all I have to say about that.

The reason this is now hitting the pellet supply chain is many powder shooters have switched to shooting their airguns or becoming new airgun shooters because of that. They want to shoot something or anything. As long as powder burner shelves stay bare and prices are ridiculous it will continue to cause shortages of airgun market goods. Archery, crossbows etc are all escalating.

This will in turn empty the shelves of pellets causing panic buying and hoarding over there. It is a cascade effect. This is a disaster of epic proportions for shooters that should never have happened.

@vetmx brought up a good point that some people will die on a pile of ammo and too scared to even shoot them. It’s their money so whatever but are you supposed to rotate out the ammo as they have shelf life? I know the military destroys million rounds of ammo and expensive bombs a year from being too old. 

so what do you these people do when they realize their stock pile is worthless and dangerous in a few years? 

I've been back shooting 5 1/2 years or so and been buying a little here and there since I did. Never have bought in bulk, just a couple tins here and there I wanted to try, tin getting low so buy 1 or 2 to restock. Got into shooting .20 caliber and I did the same thing, so what I have has been that 5 1/2 years in the works. I have guns in 4 calibers, so it's added up over time (first picture). Just random lame opinion here, but I don't think it's so much there's no pellets out there because there are, it's a matter of shooters not being able to find the particular brand/style/weight pellets they want.

Last batch was collected over something like 7 months or so and started when PA had the sell off of H&N Baracuda Hunters in .177. By the time they got done replacing dented ones for poor packing, I had a dozen tins. Same deal of a couple here and there over that 7 or so months added up to 63 tins of various brands so 8 or 9 tins a month (second picture). Not hoarding in my book but I'm sure a few will say I am...lol.

Nope, not afraid, this is my current pellet stash 5 1/2 years in the making...lol.

pellet count.1615817991.jpg

pellets added.1615818019.jpg