• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Online ammo sales

Yeah, just be happy while you lose your freedom, and more of your tax dollars are spent on the shiftless. Something good will come of it.
1f602.svg

Screaming into pillow commenced 

Here’s the deal guys. In the firearms community, rumors, whacky bills that don’t have any traction and other scare tactics caused panic. Panic caused hoarding. The supply chain is not able to handle reckless hoarding. They killed their own sport without a law even being passed. You now have guys sitting on top of more ammo than their gun barrels can handle but they still won’t go to the range and enjoy their sport. A ton of guys will die with a giant surplus of ammo and never enjoy what they loved. Who is winning in their situation? If we all stay the course and order stuff just like we always did, the industry will catch up to all the new guys entering our sport and everything will be ok. Trust me, we don’t need to be in the headlines that the firearms guys migrated over to airguns and wiped us out too. Just chill and control yourselves. That goes for the newbie firearm guys too. Get a grip on your urge to hoard or you’re going to kill this too.

Here’s the deal guys. In the firearms community, rumors, whacky bills that don’t have any traction and other scare tactics caused panic. Panic caused hoarding. The supply chain is not able to handle reckless hoarding. They killed their own sport without a law even being passed. You now have guys sitting on top of more ammo than their gun barrels can handle but they still won’t go to the range and enjoy their sport. A ton of guys will die with a giant surplus of ammo and never enjoy what they loved. Who is winning in their situation? If we all stay the course and order stuff just like we always did, the industry will catch up to all the new guys entering our sport and everything will be ok. Trust me, we don’t need to be in the headlines that the firearms guys migrated over to airguns and wiped us out too. Just chill and control yourselves. That goes for the newbie firearm guys too. Get a grip on your urge to hoard or you’re going to kill this too.

I completely agree with What you are saying but you have to admit there are quite a few people on here that have a huge inventory of pellets also. 

To piggyback on what @Vetmx stated, please tell me when we have ever not been able to buy the ammo of our choice for our guns? I remember a past interview of a gun shop owner who didn't like it when the R's were in "power" because he said his sales decreased measurably because they felt safe. I also remember a video Ted did where he showed his pellet collection because he found the batch his gun liked. No one, I don't think, said he was hoarding or worried about the "gubment" halting his love for the sport. Stop worrying about the things you can't control. Enjoy your sport and and leave the needless worrying to the ones' who have way too much time on their hands and on their couches.

Well, when I order pellets from AoA, I always buy at least 4 tins in order to get the "free" 5th one that just about covers postage and handling. I recently placed an order and they had the JSB Exact King Heavies that I wanted, in the amount I wanted, but several other popular types were sold out. However, I had plenty of other types available for use from my stash built up over the years. I never wait until I am low on ammo or pellets to buy more. I generally do NOT buy bullets, powder or primers for my powder burners when there is a rush and shortages. Things like primers can go from $35 per brick to $50 per brick. I have plenty of bullets, powder, primers and pellets right now. There will probably be a lull in buying in the future, and the best time to buy is when other people are not buying. Going against herd mentality works for me. If you get caught short of ammo for your guns, probably your fault. My motto is to shoot less than I buy, until I get a good stash built up. I've been doing this ever since the Clinton scare back in the 90's. 

The powder burner market will be more volatile than the gas passer market. Recently DS Arms built 2500 RPD receivers (Russian belt fed machine gun, for those of you not into powder burner things). As a friend of mine says, "Belt Feds Matter", and the BFM movement seems to be gathering steam along with other movements going on. My friend got his receivers as soon as they were released, and DS Arms sold every last one the first day they went on sale. That is well over $1,000,000 in sales for one part in one day. You will never see that type of volatility in the airgun market. In fact, just one of my friends guns is worth about $18,000, and it is not even rare (just big and heavy.....and shall we say, "crew served"). Airguns do not interest him as they are too penny-ante and do not have the easy sales potential that certain firearms do. He can unload numerous of his firearms for well above what he paid for them, and the ones he can make money off of are the only ones he is interested in. Basically surplus kit guns as he is a machinist. Simply no way to make the money he does dinking around with airguns. Don't make the mistake of equating the airgun market with the firearm market.

A person can make their own pellets and slugs for airguns, so if having some is your concern, might want to learn how to make them yourself. Personally, I'm not sweating the issue.

Beezer mentioned the volatility of the airgun market vs the gun market. What you don’t want to overlook is if it took 5 million new gun owners to cause a problem in that industry, it will only take 1 million new owners to disrupt the airgun industry. It’s a much more fragile industry. My whole point was just to keep doing what you always did. I’m a 4 tin one for free guy also. If we all become Teds, the industry can’t handle that. And that’s what is killing the firearms world. I live 2 miles from a reloading supply company. I know them personally. They said that even the most obscure powders and bullets that collected dust are gone now. A hobby that you have to stockpile stuff to enjoy becomes two hobbies, one of them is stockpiling. Dumb. Not fun anymore.

I tried to buy .25 JSB Hades and they are sold out everywhere! I bought the last 3 tins of 300 from Ken Hicks at SPAW.

Keep in mind a lot of people are ordering new guns. Especially the new Mavericks. Maybe that's where some of the ammo is going. I'm slowly switching over to all slugs for this reason. I'm only buying pellets for my two Royales since they have Smooth Twist barrels and I haven't tested slugs in them yet. But from what I have read and watched, those barrels don't like slugs.