OneLeaf's Commander NV400 Day/Night Vision 4K Scope w/ Rangefinder (Full Review)

well the atn 4k is about the same price range, but it doesnt record in 4k .. its robust though .. these scopes are digitally zoomed, so for example, you get a 3-14x its digitally zoomed from the bottom up and retains more or less optical clarity to 14 but will continue zooming to like 40 ... i havent looked at the reveiw yet on the topic scope .. looks ok, only questions i have are is it ordered out of country? could be a customs issue on a night scope .. and does it have a built in ballistics app that auto sets the zero? thats a huge plus on an airgun .. another issie is 4k is substantially larger files that require quite a bit more space, transfer time and processing power to edit, you can edit and transfer files by your phone with the atn ...either way it looks nice first glance .. just saying atn is a solid option if your in the market .. the battle is raging on at my chicken coop at night since i got an atn 4k .. its cleaning out my problems with positive systematic results lol

Reactions: N2 Shooter
well the atn 4k is about the same price range, but it doesnt record in 4k .. its robust though .. these scopes are digitally zoomed, so for example, you get a 3-14x its digitally zoomed from the bottom up and retains more or less optical clarity to 14 but will continue zooming to like 40 ... i havent looked at the reveiw yet on the topic scope .. looks ok, only questions i have are is it ordered out of country? could be a customs issue on a night scope .. and does it have a built in ballistics app that auto sets the zero? thats a huge plus on an airgun .. another issie is 4k is substantially larger files that require quite a bit more space, transfer time and processing power to edit, you can edit and transfer files by your phone with the atn ...either way it looks nice first glance .. just saying atn is a solid option if your in the market .. the battle is raging on at my chicken coop at night since i got an atn 4k .. its cleaning out my problems with positive systematic results lol
The PARD is my favorite so far. This one did "crash" 2 times. The reset button fixed it though. This scope is a lot of fun in the daytime. You may wait for Gen 2 if you're looking for a good night time scope. The 4K recording in the daytime made video editing easy. My videos are 1080p, so I was able to zoom in 2X with perfect clarity (when editing the video) ...new to me!

Thanks for the review. Is this newest offering form Oneleaf? a step up from the clip-on version. what is the cost of it w/all the bells and whistles?
Id rather a clip on so I can keep the reticle I am used to. I personally hate the look of electonic reticles. Both units have the ability to record. I believe this is better quality video compared to the clip on.

Id rather a clip on so I can keep the reticle I am used to. I personally hate the look of electonic reticles. Both units have the ability to record. I believe this is better quality video compared to the clip on.
Honestly, I had to make a commercial for those guys, and PARD, and HitTac coming up. But looking at a lit up digital screen in complete darkness is about the dumbest thing I can think of to do. After about 5 minutes you have a rectangle burned into your eye. Imagine sitting there all night.

But in the day!!! These digital scopes rock! On that one it told me if my rifle was level both ways (cant and front to back). Plus that 4K recording really is 4K! You can also switch from FFP to SFP on the fly. I love it. I would only use one at night if I "had to"...you know what I'm saying? End of the world type stuff....so I will keep one around, but just one.

Clip on is great also so you can remove it and you don't have to swing your rifle around to scan the area. The clip on is here if people don't know about them. $299...and VERY popular. Clip on NV100NV Monocular It's a little hard to use because you have to focus your scope dials, then focus 2-3 dials on your NV100....but you can achive a clear picture if all 27 knobs are adjusted right. Just don't wait till you're "in the field" to dial it in. Get good at it before your first hunting trip. These come in 16mm and 20mm, I have no idea why, but you may want to look into that.

Discovery makes a verison of the NV100 but they call it the NV001...I got one but the menu was in Chinese. Not sure if they are selling them yet.

0.jpg

Also here is a special scope from Discovery that is made for NV light, so it would have a good picture at night AND in the day (special glass).

As long as were are talking about it. These PARDs are I think the best choice, and they have Layaway, so you can buy one in payments that fit your budget. Good stuff! The PARD also has a ballistic calculator, so it knows where your bullet will hit at ANY distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinWood44
Honestly, I had to make a commercial for those guys, and PARD, and HitTac coming up. But looking at a lit up digital screen in complete darkness is about the dumbest thing I can think of to do. After about 5 minutes you have a rectangle burned into your eye. Imagine sitting there all night.

But in the day!!! These digital scopes rock! On that one it told me if my rifle was level both ways (cant and front to back). Plus that 4K recording really is 4K! You can also switch from FFP to SFP on the fly. I love it. I would only use one at night if I "had to"...you know what I'm saying? End of the world type stuff....so I will keep one around, but just one.

Clip on is great also so you can remove it and you don't have to swing your rifle around to scan the area. The clip on is here if people don't know about them. $299...and VERY popular. Clip on NV100NV Monocular It's a little hard to use because you have to focus your scope dials, then focus 2-3 dials on your NV100....but you can achive a clear picture if all 27 knobs are adjusted right. Just don't wait till you're "in the field" to dial it in. Get good at it before your first hunting trip. These come in 16mm and 20mm, I have no idea why, but you may want to look into that.

Discovery makes a verison of the NV100 but they call it the NV001...I got one but the menu was in Chinese. Not sure if they are selling them yet.

View attachment 388510
Also here is a special scope from Discovery that is made for NV light, so it would have a good picture at night AND in the day (special glass).

As long as were are talking about it. These PARDs are I think the best choice, and they have Layaway, so you can buy one in payments that fit your budget. Good stuff! The PARD also has a ballistic calculator, so it knows where your bullet will hit at ANY distance.

Interesting I was not consider it during the day. I agree at night I find them simply unejoyable to look thru (admittedly I only fired one shot lol but I ust hated that electronic reticle) FIlming in 4K is bananas. We have very little quality ways to film thru a scope (EV, Side shot limited to 2 models, triggercam is OK, Tactacam is garbage) so to have a legit 4K way to video is very cool

im a little late but in the US there are several vendors selling pard ds35-70lrf for 699.00 instead of 999.00 pard is one of them and the nv 400 does not have the ballistic calc and its like 649.00 i have a one leaf clip on and a pard nvoo8 and to be honest the pard it top notch in comparison and to me its also much better than the atn digitals to me but for 30 more bucks having the ballistic calculator is worth every penny for me

Reactions: Zach
PARD for $699 with a Ballistics Calculator? That's your ticket right there. Awesome deal.
I got annoyed that Pards website has no comparison features so I threw this together.
The Zulus from Arken is pretty new and they have very little info about it, what I wrote was mostly from the manual.
Untitled.png

Screenshot 2023-10-26 181120.jpg

Reactions: Airgun Al
I got annoyed that Pards website has no comparison features so I threw this together.
The Zulus from Arken is pretty new and they have very little info about it, what I wrote was mostly from the manual.
View attachment 400073
View attachment 400074
Nice job MadCow!
This took some time, Im sure!
I believe the specs for the Gen 2 DS35 have changed a little.
The eye relief distance, and the type of I.R. have been changed to LED.
The work you put into this comparison chart, is very helpful, and greatly appriciated!
Thank you.

Nice job MadCow!
This took some time, Im sure!
I believe the specs for the Gen 2 DS35 have changed a little.
The eye relief distance, and the type of I.R. have been changed to LED.
The work you put into this comparison chart, is very helpful, and greatly appriciated!
Thank you.
I now have all the scopes on the list except the 008 and the new HikMicro A50EL, I might get the HikMicro unless something better comes out during IWA 2024.

Here is the latest scope added to the list, think it was released on Jan 16th.
Seems to be the best on the market afaik but it's heavy and uses 2 batteries (1x internal and 1x 18650), it does come with 65GB internal storage which none of the others do.

Might be something better shown at Shot Show or IWA this year though.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I now have all the scopes on the list except the 008 and the new HikMicro A50EL,
Must be nice!

2 big rats, completely dark, 2 different and unknown distances aprox 75 yards or less,.....
Whats your favorite one, in terms of quick, easy, grab and go ballistic calculations, for nocturnal pests in the middle of the night?

Which one are you relying on?

Must be nice!

2 big rats, completely dark, 2 different and unknown distances aprox 75 yards or less,.....
Whats your favorite one, in terms of quick, easy, grab and go ballistic calculations, for nocturnal pests in the middle of the night?

Which one are you relying on?
I have handed them all over to a friend for testing. My plan is to launch a youtube channel this year where I test airguns and gear.
Basically he doesn't have the money to buy them himself and I don't have a property where I can regularly shoot pest animals.
So he gets to borrow the scopes in the hopes he will shot some videos for me.
I will probably be handing out scopes to more people as he now has 5 scopes and having him trying to record videos for me might be too much work.
I will see if I can offer pest control to some farms or something. Otherwise I might just make some videos with animal shaped lures at different ranges.

He has been testing the Zulus now for about a month, has shot videos shooting racoon dogs, a crow and a duck.
He unboxed the DS35 to try first and has shot a rat with it.

So far he likes the Zulus the best because of it's small form factor but the LRF isn't working correctly, at 20meters it shows 23meters. His other LRF and the DS35 show 20m. I will have to take a look at it once the snow is gone.

Once the snow is gone in a few months I will take them to the range to shoot several videos there.
I don't know a single "reviewer" who puts out what I would consider a proper review of anything, reason being that shortform videos you pump out as fast as you can make more money than proper videos where you truly test products.

I also have a last gen ATN 4K scope I might make a video about. Problem is people longer than 15 minutes are "too long" to keep peoples attention.
Youtube also had some rule that videos needed to be 10 minutes which resulted in people just adding filler to drag it out.
Not sure what the best form factor is now days but I guess I'll see how the channel develops.

Currently the plan is to test the following: 13 guns from Hatsan, Skout Epoch, Huben K1, LCS-SK19, Altaros M24. If I have the money I might buy the DRS Pro or some other FX gun to test.
For scopes I intend to test mostly digital ones: Pard, HikMicro, ATN, Arken and a few china specials.

I have all of the above except for the Hatsan rifles that I should receive sometime in Feb or March. I will order the Altaros M24 as soon as the new stocked version comes out. I don't have the HikMicro as none of my suppliers have received it yet but might be able to get one in Feb or March.
I started with my life savings of about €10 000 and I have about €3000 left over so hoping to get everything going this year.
I have basically spent my life savings on my airgun store and hope to make some videos, if I make any money back is questionable as youtube doesn't like "gun" videos and I live on a small island with basically no market so I won't be selling much either.
I'm a sick pensioner so it's something I can spend my time doing, if it doesn't pan out I can try to sell everything and hope to get around 50% back.