One way valve for filling scba tanks.

You can have a check valve on your tank. All the little tanks and paintball tanks have fill nipples with a check valve. You can put one of those check valves in a tank adapter or build a male female check valve to put between tank and compressor. Then you can open the tank without worrying about starting compressor against pressure. Someone sells prebuilt units just do a search.

Is this what you are looking for. Got mine from a forum member Jking. Absolutely a must for filling tank.

20230216_065847.jpg

Reactions: grackleblast
My one way valve is in the outlet of my second air filter. I got it off Amazon. When I am filling the tank I hook the hose connected to the filter to the fill whip of the tank with a male to male foster. I can open the tank valve before starting the YH or a little after, doesn't matter. All opening the valve does is fill the line going to the filter. When the YH builds pressure higher than the bottle pressure the valve opens and tank filling begins. Opening the vent on the YH also does not affect the pressure of the tank. The compressor just has to build up pressure again before tank filling resumes. The vent of the YH relieves pressure in the two air filters and the short line connecting them. The vent on the fill set relieves pressure from the second filter to the tank. The only issue I've had with this setup was my stupidity. I put a dead head on the line coming out of the second filter to test the YH and then had no way to vent the line from the filter. Fortunately it wasn't a huge amount of air and just pulling the dead head out wasn't a huge issue. What I should have done is disconnect the line from the inlet of the second filter and put the dead head there.

So if you don't do something you shouldn't, I don't see any downside to putting in the one way. I did not like trying to time the opening of the valve of the tank to the point the YH pressure was above the tank to avoid putting the bottle pressure against the pump.

This is exactly what I have done. I wrapped some tape on mine and drew an arrow to indicate the flow direction. I have 3 of them and use them at different points when filling tanks. I use one right after the yong heng filter, then another after the coalescing filter/water separator. That way i can open my tank valve right away to pressurize the tuxing filter. Then the water separator can build up pressure before going into the tuxing media filter. This also allows me to vent different sections as needed without depressurizing the whole system.

If you want to be able to disconnect your tank without dumping the air in your water trap / filter you will need a shutoff valve as the last item in the line before you connect to your tank. I have a water trap that takes a long time to fill, so the shutoff valve is a must have for me. With it installed you can reduce pressure on the compressor side to zero to start the pump or disconnect your tank or gun without ever losing pressure in the trap. It comes in very handy if I am filling a tank but need to fill a gun before the tank is full.

Buy this :

And this with matching threads

Screw them together and you have your one way valve.

Reactions: Crosfire
Buy this :

And this with matching threads

Screw them together and you have your one way valve.
Exactly!!! Did the same thing last night with fittings I had in the drawer.

Reactions: Trucker3573
What did you use for your bleeder valve on the other side of the water trap / filter so it stays pressurized but allows you to bleed the compressor and remove the gun from the whip?
Your bleeder valve on your carbon fiber tank fillassembly will bleed the line from the tank to the new backflow fitting.
If you put another one just after the compressor and before the water/oil filter, the compressor bleed valve will allow bleeding.
The middle section, including the water/oil filter, can bleed from the water/oil bleed valve.

Your bleeder valve on your carbon fiber tank fillassembly will bleed the line from the tank to the new backflow fitting.
If you put another one just after the compressor and before the water/oil filter, the compressor bleed valve will allow bleeding.
The middle section, including the water/oil filter, can bleed from the water/oil bleed valve.

That still will not allow you to remove a gun from the the end of the line, only a tank with it's own bleeder valve.

If you want to be able to disconnect your gun without dumping all the air in your water trap / filter, you will need a one way valve on the compressor side plus a shutoff valve and a bleeder valve after the shutoff valve on the gun / tank side of the water trap / filter.

That still will not allow you to remove a gun from the the end of the line, only a tank with it's own bleeder valve.

If you want to be able to disconnect your gun without dumping all the air in your water trap / filter, you will need a one way valve on the compressor side plus a shutoff valve and a bleeder valve after the shutoff valve on the gun / tank side of the water trap / filter.
Sorry, you are correct. My instructions were for multiple TANK fills, not a gun (as requested).

Sorry, you are correct. My instructions were for multiple TANK fills, not a gun (as requested).

No worries. I had to draw a diagram to get mine set up right. The first time I put it all together I had the bleed valve on the wrong side of the equation and could not depressurize the line to remove my gun! I ended up having to empty the cylinder on the gun to disconnect. Ooops!

Once I fixed a bothersome slow leak from a poorly fitting Dowty Washer on the shutoff valve, the Tuxing dual filter holds 300 bar for a week if I want it to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crosfire
No worries. I had to draw a diagram to get mine set up right. The first time I put it all together I had the bleed valve on the wrong side of the equation and could not depressurize the line to remove my gun! I ended up having to empty the cylinder on the gun to disconnect. Ooops!
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Reactions: Geezerhood