• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ONE OUNCE $27.00 LDC? QUIETER THAN A TKO?

Try putting some yellow gas line teflon tape on the proper thread in direction on the threads may help POI if the shroud to 1/2x20 unf adapter threads aren't perfect typical of a certain most popular Brand threads aren't perfect.

thanks I might try that however once it’s on the POI hasn’t changed at all and accuracy is as before, pellet on pellet at 20 yards and probably @30 yards too if I don’t mess it up and no wind. I should of made it clear that there was slight POI change from previous moderator to this one, that could be caused by the lighter weight and/or how much air each moderator strips from the pellets. 

We all shall find out for $20-$27. Some stated they were more accurate so never can tell unless they are tried first hand on everyone's different guns. It's the loght weight that sold me (well actually the price).

Not like they are going on my FX Impact or Redwolf or RAW.

Is like to recycle a TKO that I have on a Daisy 753S to use on something else. It's only doing 500fps or less.

We all shall find out for $20-$27. Some stated they were more accurate so never can tell unless they are tried first hand on everyone's different guns. It's the loght weight that sold me (well actually the price).

Not like they are going on my FX Impact or Redwolf or RAW.

Is like to recycle a TKO that I have on a Daisy 753S to use on something else. It's only doing 500fps or less.

I shot all 14 LDCs including this Geo unit through an Avenger making 29+ fpe, so should be safe on PCPs up through ~30fpe at least. The maker also contacted me directly afterward and said I tested his “old version”, and that he is busy developing a new one w/METAL end cap for improved durability over the long haul, especially if one installs and removes the silencer frequently.

I had one and it was well made and light weight. However, I sold it. I tried it on 4 different rifles and it was the least accurate of 4 different LDCs that I compared it to. Rocker1 on GTA makes LDCs and his are among the most accurate ones that I have. Donnys fell in the middle.

I did a quick accuracy test of a few LDCs (just the top five quietest according to a decibel meter I acquired for the 14-LCD sound output test) and it turns out none affected accuracy much, just a shift in POI on some:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=180233.msg156046673#msg156046673

Forgot to mention I got the 1.2 inch diameter version and on the 1720 the fill cap and fill whip barely fit. Should of ordered the .97 inch version then it would fit awesome! Gonna wait for the metal end cap version! 

edit: ordered the .97 inch version so the 1720T fill cap can go on and off easier. Also ordered the crosman slim moderator with no sight and carbon wrap for giggles.

Intrigued especially by the light weight. That's why I asked of its a viable TKO alternative I prefer lightest possible weight LDC to not droop the barrels or make guns muzzle heavy nor add overall weight to the guns.

Cheap helps too.

So far they work great but my guns are really low power. But they doing everything I could want for fraction of the cost and soooooo light! I ordered 4 and it’s the cost of 1 moderator! Think I’ll need more guns! Hahaha 

I just messaged him about using one on my 47 fpe Brocock Sniper .22. I'll report back how it works out!

Whoops, sorry mcoulter, I had not gotten into the PM's here yet (just joined up), but aside from you contacting the maker directly, all I could advise is to exercise caution. I remember getting a unit from Neil Clague to include in the test and he told me it was designed for 50fpe.

Now when it arrived and I held that thing in my hand and then the Geo lightweight after, it was immediately clear that one would withstand much more power than the other. Not saying anything bad about the Geo of course, but the size and mass of the Clague compared to the Geo makes me say again - please exercise caution, because YMMV... 😳

I just messaged him about using one on my 47 fpe Brocock Sniper .22. I'll report back how it works out!

Whoops, sorry mcoulter, I had not gotten into the PM's here yet (just joined up), but aside from you contacting the maker directly, all I could advise is to exercise caution. I remember getting a unit from Neil Clague to include in the test and he told me it was designed for 50fpe.

Now when it arrived and I held that thing in my hand and then the Geo lightweight after, it was immediately clear that one would withstand much more power than the other. Not saying anything bad about the Geo of course, but the size and mass of the Clague compared to the Geo makes me say again - please exercise caution, because YMMV... 😳

Agree completely but mine did stand up to about a dozen shots from a .177 Condor with no breakage or movement. I won't be keeping it on that gun but it worked fine and didn't self destruct.

I got the LDC today and it dropped the volume level a lot.Very light and it is sturdily made Couldn't be happier for the money!

download.png
20201223_171253.1608761976.jpg