HW/Weihrauch One of my favs

After a relaxing morning of shooting the spinners and plates decided to put the HW97 on paper for some groups. A mild headwind with a right to left push didn’t cause too much grief. (9) 5 shot groups at 32 yards then for the hell of it sent 10 shots out to the 85 yard plate. HW97KT in .20 cal shooting JSB 13’s at 720fps.

IMG_6203.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg

Nice shooting. I just started looking at one of these or a TX200. I'm trying to learn the pros and cons of each.

On the HW97, I saw a video showing that you cannot engage the safety after you take it off without cycling the cocking handle. Is this accurate? Its given me pause as I like to be able to engage the safety anytime I feel the need to.

I've heard the TX200 is similar but trying to confirm it.

Nice shooting. I just started looking at one of these or a TX200. I'm trying to learn the pros and cons of each.

On the HW97, I saw a video showing that you cannot engage the safety after you take it off without cycling the cocking handle. Is this accurate? Its given me pause as I like to be able to engage the safety anytime I feel the need to.

Correct, you can’t reset the safety without cocking. The TX is the same. I prefer shooting the 97 over the TX. As far as looks, the TX wins hands down. Both are incredible rifles and you won’t go wrong with either

The biggest benefit of the TX is how easy it is to work on compared to the 97K. The 97 isn't necessarily hard but the TX is mind numbingly simple.

Performance wise, luck of the draw. My .177 TX outshoots my .177 97K but my .22 97K runs circles around my .22 TX

Correct, you can’t reset the safety without cocking. The TX is the same. I prefer shooting the 97 over the TX. As far as looks, the TX wins hands down. Both are incredible rifles and you won’t go wrong with either
The biggest benefit of the TX is how easy it is to work on compared to the 97K. The 97 isn't necessarily hard but the TX is mind numbingly simple.

Performance wise, luck of the draw. My .177 TX outshoots my .177 97K but my .22 97K runs circles around my .22 TX
Thank you both. I'd not considered a springer until the last couple days and now looking into them some. I saw on match results that these two were the most common and taking top spots.

Interesting about the safeties. Its a habit to disengage the safety when ready to fire and engage it when not. For instance if I was on a line for field target and some wind came up and I paused, and took the rifle off my shoulder, I would want to engage the safety.

Guess its time to make a thread vs hijacking yours. Thank you again.