One Leaf NV100 - my thoughts

Max115

Jul 15, 2018
BC, Canada
Received a One Leaf NV100 to test and I was pleasantly surprised how well made this little unit is. The video quality is quite good and it is quick to mount with the three different sizes sleeve for different size scopes. I have a Pard007S and it is there are some similarity and differences between the two units. I will do another video and compare the two units next time.

Overall I think the One Leaf is an affordable unit for video recording for day and night. In this video I did some daytime target shooting recording, but I will follow up with a night time shooting when I get a chance next time out.

enjoy.

Last edited:
@plingpling. Ya it only records in 30fps. But it is quite a nice unit at a reasonable price.

I have the Sideshot setup with my own GoPro 6 plus lens upgrade and what a pain to set it up properly and the money I have spent. Great unit once everything is dial in properly, but pricey. The Orion setup is similar and cheaper as well.

The Pard008LRF is my favourite by far when it comes to night time setup because the FOV is very good and the unit is small and compact as compared to the ATN. But again it is pricey.

I have added the Pard007S to my collection. This unit is cheaper than 008 and it is easily mounted on my scope of choice, but the magnification of the scope needs to be 3x otherwise the FOV is too narrow.

Now this One Leaf is my latest unit and I am quite happy with its function and capability. It doesn't break your wallet and you can record day & night footage. ONLY negative I have with this unit so far is its sound recording. Unless I did some wrong setting, the audio was not usable for my video content. Other than that I would recommend to anyone looking for a unit that can record 1080P and still have some money left over to add an external 850nm IR and extra batteries.