• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

One hole group challenge - smallest group size

Hey Ross,

I will have to try that.

I just ran a test, I took 10 pages out of a catalog printed on this heavy chrome paper and taped it to my cardboard. Then taped my target on the paper and see the photo. I actually have two problems. My paper ( the heavy stock from the printer ) is too strong and you can see the fibers trying not to tear on the single shot hole #24. On #25 that is 5 shots in that hole and again look at the fibers. Also that cardboard sucks. Oh well, I can use those targets for rifle shooting and get some new ones printed for Pistol shooting.

ThomasT
View attachment 317756
Yeah, that paper was created for strength which, in this case, is working against you. You want a tag stock that is crumbly enough to let the pellet pierce it cleanly without those long fibers. That's what NRA and official competition targets are printed on - the "crumbly" stuff. The foam board holds it's form longer than cardboard, but with repeated shots through same spot will still lead to the fiber problem if that same paper is used. In the long run, you might be further ahead buying commercial targets.

Hey Ross,

I will have to try that.

I just ran a test, I took 10 pages out of a catalog printed on this heavy chrome paper and taped it to my cardboard. Then taped my target on the paper and see the photo. I actually have two problems. My paper ( the heavy stock from the printer ) is too strong and you can see the fibers trying not to tear on the single shot hole #24. On #25 that is 5 shots in that hole and again look at the fibers. Also that cardboard sucks. Oh well, I can use those targets for rifle shooting and get some new ones printed for Pistol shooting.

ThomasT
View attachment 317756
You can get single sheets at Hobby Lobby to try.

Reactions: ThomasT
OK. Here's my entry. Shot with an FX Dreamline .22. 18 yards from a bench. 18.1 JSBs.

Target 005.jpg

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Well it turns out that there is nothing wrong with the Paper that I am printing my Targets on.

The problem was the Crown opening on the Barrel of the Snowpeak, ( see attached photo ). The Chamfer was too large leaving a sawtooth ragged inner edge. This caused clipping of the pellets and they were hitting the Target at an angle tearing a hole. I spent half a day working on correcting the Chamfer by removing the sawtooth edge and polishing the face of the beveled area, ( see attached photo ). My effort made a big improvement but the pellets are this hitting at an angle, albeit greatly reduced. The dealer is sending me another barrel so I will be back in business shortly.

ThomasT
Snowpeak Barrel Chamfer.1.jpg
Snowpeak Barre Chamfer.1 B.jpg

Hello everyone,

Well it turns out that there is nothing wrong with the Paper that I am printing my Targets on.

The problem was the Crown opening on the Barrel of the Snowpeak, ( see attached photo ). The Chamfer was too large leaving a sawtooth ragged inner edge. This caused clipping of the pellets and they were hitting the Target at an angle tearing a hole. I spent half a day working on correcting the Chamfer by removing the sawtooth edge and polishing the face of the beveled area, ( see attached photo ). My effort made a big improvement but the pellets are this hitting at an angle, albeit greatly reduced. The dealer is sending me another barrel so I will be back in business shortly.

ThomasT
View attachment 318452View attachment 318454
That's a HUGE chamfer! No need for anything like that. I've heard of some having the end 1/4”-1/2” cut off and a new crown put on. But a new barrel may be better.

Good morning Ross

Been shooting indoors for several hours this morning and even though my Snowpeak PP800R is still clipping the pellets I was able to shoot one fairly good One Hole Challenge. The upper right measures a 5.12mm even with a not so clean hole. Bye the way, these pellets are some of the “handsorted quality” as shown on the Tin.

ThomasT

Snowpeak PP800R-2 Target.5.jpg

Good morning Ross

Been shooting indoors for several hours this morning and even though my Snowpeak PP800R is still clipping the pellets I was able to shoot one fairly good One Hole Challenge. The upper right measures a 5.12mm even with a not so clean hole. Bye the way, these pellets are some of the “handsorted quality” as shown on the Tin.

ThomasT

View attachment 319279
Very nice! No shooting for me next couple days as I have an electrician putting a transfer switch on my furnace so I can run a backup power setup.

Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 318452View attachment 318454
Good looking shots everyone..👍

I was cleaning this hatsan last night and thought of this post ..Dont look much different than my hatsan 25sc

hatsan25muzzle.png

Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT